Action Cam

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (318 Views)
Accepted Solution

Micro SD card works for XAVC-S in Sony FDR x1000v but not HDR AZ1 ?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have two Sony action cams:

FDR x1000v

HDR AZ1 (firmware 1.02)

My Sandisk Extreme Plus 32GB Micro SD card (Class 10 U3) works perfectly well for XAVC-s in my Sony FDR x1000v cam but does not get properly recognized for XAVC-s in my HDR AZ1 cam. I can format the card in the camera but then when I change from MP4 to XAVC-s it shows this message in PlayMemories Home:

"Cannot record in the current setting. Change to an SDXC memory card (class 10 or higher) or a micro SDXC memory card (class 10 or higher) compatible with your camera, or change the movie format."

I optimistically ignored this msg and tried recording but when I click the Record button it does not work (and the same message appears again).

The same card works perfectly for MP4 in both cams and works perfectly for XAVC-s in my FDR x1000v camera. The HDR AZ1 is running the latest firmware.

The only thing I can think is that to use XAVC-s in the HDR AZ1 it really needs to be a SDXC (64GB or greater) rather than SDHC. Can anyone confirm this before I fork out on a 64GB card?

Thanks!

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 4 (284 Views)

Re: Micro SD card works for XAVC-S in Sony FDR x1000v but not HDR AZ1 ?

Oh, I have just seen this answer to another post:

"The x1000 had a firmware upgrade to allow high speed SDHC cards to work with XAVC S, but that was not the case with the AZ1."

So looks like I do indeed need to get another card...  :-(

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (271 Views)

Post-edit: I managed to get XAVC-s working on my SDHC card after reformatting it to ex-FAT format.

https://www.memory-map.co.uk/support/273932-How-to-format-a-SD-card-as-exFAT

Expert
Message 4 of 4 (235 Views)

Only if the card is fast enough, which is rarely the case for SDHC cards.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook