Hi, my Sony Action Camera HDR-AS20 doesn't focus. Please help!!! ;(

Here is a video of my action Cam:

Expert
Message 2 of 4 (1,181 Views)

Re: My Sony Action Camera HDR-AS20 doesn't focus

[ Edited ]

The camera does not focus.

Its lens is fixed.

What you experience looks to me, like your lens was either not properly screwed into the camera in the factory, or came loose (if you bought a used unit).

If you just bought it - return it and get a replacement (this issue is a 1 in a million defect).

If there is no way to replace it, you can screw the lens into the camera by yourself.

The lens is only the glass part, not the black ring around it.

You can touch the lens with your finger, or get a rubber glove on to increase friction.

I also recommend to pair it with the app, to check, how far you need to go (only go a few degrees of turning, release your finger, check the focus and stop once the image is in focus).

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 3 of 4 (756 Views)

DUDES! You guys just saved me a couple of hundreds of bucks buying a new action cam to record my daily commute and longer motorcycling trips!

My cam was way out of focus as well. After about a year of daily use in perfect focus, it suddenly went waaaay off. I thought maybe I had hit it somehow (you know how it goes if you use it daily and it stands out 5-10 cm from your helmet Smiley Happy ) and broke the internal lens. Reset it, tested different options, nothing helped... So I begrudgingly went looking for a new camera.

Then I suddenly thought: hey, maybe there's more people with this problem. Let's try that new fangled Google thingamajig... Lo and behold: you guys turned up!

Now I'm all back in focus. Thank you so much. I had no idea I could simply adjust the lens. And yeah, rubber medical gloves help a lot for friction.

Thanks!

Expert
Message 4 of 4 (745 Views)

Good to hear, that my post helped you Smiley Happy

- Nic

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook