Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Action Cam

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
Message 31 of 55 (646 Views)

Re: Please add YouTube Live Streaming to Action Cameras!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Restreaming would always be possible, if you have someone sitting at home with OBS on a computer - streaming the Ustream video to whatever platform you prefer.
Enthusiast
Message 32 of 55 (644 Views)

Hello IamNic

I agree! I have been able to re-streaming . The process is a little tedious specially for those non-tech people outhere. I was able to screen capture the Ustream and send it to Youtube. Obviously a good bandwith is requiere for such task. I have also notice re-streaming has extra quality loss. 

Anyhow lets see if someone came up with a easier solution to send Ustream videofeed to any other platform. 

Thanks for your help!

Enthusiast
Message 33 of 55 (638 Views)

The camera would have to be hacked to work right. I bet it's easy but it not popular enough to get someone to do that.
Highlighted
Expert
Message 34 of 55 (632 Views)

[ Edited ]

I found a device, which let's you livestream directly from a HMDI-output.

It's made for professional applications obviously and does cost more than the latest Action Cam.

https://livestream.com/broadcaster

Enthusiast
Message 35 of 55 (627 Views)

IamNic

Thanks for sharing your findings! That device looks to have a good potential. The price is little high for the average consumer. If there could be a way to get into the camera firmware probably someone could figure it out a way to change some settings.  Let's see what the community share in the upcoming posts. 

Expert
Message 36 of 55 (615 Views)

It is really very easy to stream to youtube or vimeo. Or similarly upload a file to dropbox.

You just need a "computer" Smiley Happy

That is all that pricey box does. It probably runs linux, which is free and has HDMI chip support.

But connecting HDMI to the Sony cam is a hassle. It would be much neater to connect to it via wifi. But the protocol is secret... I am sure it could be reverse engineered, unless they do some messing about with the user-specified wifi password. But with go-pro being the market leader by a big margin, there isn't the pressure to do this for a Sony cam.

Also I wonder if the full speed video is available over wifi. That HDMI box does just 5mbits/sec which is just-ok for 1080P. That is what vimeo uses, generally, but the quality is not great compared to the native video from say the 1000V cam. It is most visible on fast moving scenes with some detail e.g. a ski video when the snow has the grooves in it. One really wants to send at least 10mbits/sec up to vimeo, because they compress to 5mbits/sec. I upload 25 or 50 and then people can use the Download feature to grab the full size video (does youtube have that function?).

Enthusiast
Message 37 of 55 (235 Views)

Any success to streaming to youTube?

I found HDMI transmiters... But does that mean we need buy addiditon HDMItoUSB device for our laptop?

And is it possiblt to stream 1080 60fps to YouTube and which speed of internet connection I need for that one?
Expert
Message 38 of 55 (217 Views)

That depends on how you encode the stream.
Enthusiast
Message 39 of 55 (213 Views)

Any step by step guide of how to make that?
Expert
Message 40 of 55 (210 Views)

If your PC has noticed the HDMI-capture as video device, you can use OBS Studio to stream the video.

There are plenty of tutorials around.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook