Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 4 (979 Views)
Accepted Solution

RM-LVR3 connectability

Can the RM-LVR3 connect to my HDR-AS50 Action Cam via bluetooth or does it connect only via WiFi?  If it can only connect via WiFi, I assume it can't be used unless it's close to an access point and therefore is pretty much useless "in the field".

Expert
Message 2 of 4 (918 Views)

Re: RM-LVR3 connectability

It only uses bluetooth for the commands (switch on from standby), however you don't need your home WiFi in any way whatsoever, since the camera creates the WiFi access point the remote connects to.

It is a common misconception, that you need a WiFi networl nearby, yet you actually don't need anything besides the camera and the remote.

You can also use your smartphone with the PlayMemories Mobile app as remote if you forgot your remote.
Rookie
Message 3 of 4 (914 Views)

Very good to know.  That clarifies the issue.  Thanks.

I use the PlayMemories app on my cell phone and that works well enough.  I thought it too might need access to my home network, but it does not.  So I may not even really need the RM-LVR3.

Again, thank you for the quick, clear response.

Paul

Expert
Message 4 of 4 (912 Views)

You're very welcome.

If you have another question, don't hesitate to post it here Smiley Happy

If you would mark my first response as solution foryour initial question, I would be very happy Smiley Happy

- Nic

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook