Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (1,458 Views)
Accepted Solution

Record Pausing and Resuming on X3000?

I had two questions regarding Pausing and Resuming recording to obtain one single video.

1) will the x3000 allow Pause and Resume (multiple pauses for one single video) without live link?

2) will the Play Memories App allow me to Pause and Resume recording on the x3000? 

Expert
Message 2 of 4 (1,457 Views)

Re: Record Pausing and Resuming on X3000?

Hi there BKSinAZ,

BKSinAZ wrote:

1) will the x3000 allow Pause and Resume (multiple pauses for one single video) without live link?

1) No, you can only fully stop the the recording. If you want to re-join the clips, you can use "PlayMemories Home" on PC or MAC, which is a free Sony software, which allows simple editing.

BKSinAZ wrote:

2) will the Play Memories App allow me to Pause and Resume recording on the x3000? 

It will allow to start and stop a recording, since - as already mentioned in 1) - there is no "pause" function. 

- Nic

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (1,454 Views)

So you are saying that the Play Memories App will splice together multiple videos to make one single video?

Expert
Message 4 of 4 (1,450 Views)

While the smartphone version is limited (I think it is called Action Cam app), you can use the PC/MAC software with the name "PlayMemories HOME" to do simple video editing like splicing togther multiple single clips.

You though can use any other video editing software you like too, as long as it is compatible with the video codec you choose to record in.

- Nic

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook