Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 5 (151 Views)

Sony waterproof case genuine serial check

Hello,

I have Sony AS100v and i'm willing to buy mpk-As3 case for it.

I live in a country of thieves, i already paid 100$ extra for the cam i'm not willing to pay 110$ for the mpk-as3 (global sony price is 49$),

therefor i'm gonna order it from Ebay for 58$, so i want to ask if there is a way like a QR code, or serial number to certify the genuine of the case after i receive it?

(or even an official sony global store that ships to Israel with a decent price) 

Thanks

Message 2 of 5 (105 Views)

Re: Sony waterproof case genuine serial check

Hi Lifeless,

Welcome to Sony Community.

Purchasing directly from an authorized dealer is the best way to ensure that you get genuine Sony accessories. Here are some tips on how you can avoid counterfeit products. 

For further assistance, we also suggest contacting the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Jerome

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Apprentice
Message 3 of 5 (96 Views)

Hi thanks for ur effort

1. the link u sent doesn't cover underwater case tips but only butteries.

2. my country is not listed in any region on the other link u sent.

As for the "authorized dealer" u mentioned, is there a possibility that Ebay/Amazone have authorized seller?

If there is, is there a possibility to ask for their authorization ID and check it somewhere in Sony official site?

*(my country Sony products sells here by an official main importer, so it's actually a sales company, i already exchange few words with them, and their knowledge about action cam is poor, not mentioning their interest to false lead me so i'll buy from them and not order it online by myself)

Expert
Message 4 of 5 (79 Views)

I am not sure if this is of any help, yet I highly doubt there are any counterfeit Action Cam housings.

The Sony Action Cams are not popular enough to draw any companies attention to them to produce counterfeit housings.

So I would say, that it is a genuin product.
Apprentice
Message 5 of 5 (75 Views)

I really happy u wrote ur opinion although there is no 100% certainty about the subject,

Yet it gives some amount of comfort, and makes some sense.

I'll will wait a while and give someone a chance to be more precisely before i close this conversation.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook