Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Action Cam

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Enthusiast
Posts: 24
Registered: ‎07-16-2017
Message 41 of 48 (863 Views)

Re: When will Sony Live View Remote RM-LVR3 be available for sale?


wklatt wrote:

nomnomnom wrote:

 

What you are saying doesn't make sense. How is it going to be worse of an experience for you if the remote turn off the screen if it idles? Explain that.


Why would I want the remote screen to turn off?? If I did, I would not be able to see which camera is connected, and would have to keep turning it on to see what is going on. I currently control 4 remote cameras with my wrist remote, and regularly switch views to see which view I might want to capture and start recording. I have mentioned before how battery usage is not an issue with the remotes, so that is no reason.

 

I am sorry, but if you don't like your action cam and remote, why don't you just buy something else. They work absolutely perfectly for me. And would not want any changes of the type you suggest, that's for sure.

 

To be honest, what you want sounds more like a phone camera. Their screens shut off after a specified time, and should work just fine for shooting your kid crawling or walking. You don't need an action cam for that.


That doesn't make sense, if you keep switching between cameras then it's not idle. Why would you want your watch be turn on ALL THE TIME even if you are doing nothing? Do your phone do that? Does your DLSR do that? Does your computer do that? Just about every single electronic device does into sleep mode when IDLE. Do you not understand what IDLE means? Is this the first electronic device you purchased? If so, I can look up what idle is on youtube, let me know. 

Expert
Posts: 375
Registered: ‎01-21-2015
Message 42 of 48 (860 Views)

Re: When will Sony Live View Remote RM-LVR3 be available for sale?


nomnomnom wrote:

That doesn't make sense, if you keep switching between cameras then it's not idle. Why would you want your watch be turn on ALL THE TIME even if you are doing nothing? Do your phone do that? Does your DLSR do that? Does your computer do that? Just about every single electronic device does into sleep mode when IDLE. Do you not understand what IDLE means? Is this the first electronic device you purchased? If so, I can look up what idle is on youtube, let me know. 


Are you coming on this site to seek help, or do you just want to argue? We've tried to give you some advice. Take it or leave it. I have no desire to argue with you about the design of the camera and live remote. Like I said, if you don't like it, don't use it, and get something else.

Enthusiast
Posts: 24
Registered: ‎07-16-2017
Message 43 of 48 (858 Views)

Re: When will Sony Live View Remote RM-LVR3 be available for sale?


wklatt wrote:

nomnomnom wrote:

That doesn't make sense, if you keep switching between cameras then it's not idle. Why would you want your watch be turn on ALL THE TIME even if you are doing nothing? Do your phone do that? Does your DLSR do that? Does your computer do that? Just about every single electronic device does into sleep mode when IDLE. Do you not understand what IDLE means? Is this the first electronic device you purchased? If so, I can look up what idle is on youtube, let me know. 


Are you coming on this site to seek help, or do you just want to argue? We've tried to give you some advice. Take it or leave it. I have no desire to argue with you about the design of the camera and live remote. Like I said, if you don't like it, don't use it, and get something else.


No I'm just trying to see if there is an option that I am missing, because I can't believe how dumb the design is. If there is no workaround for it, that is all. 

Expert
Posts: 375
Registered: ‎01-21-2015
Message 44 of 48 (856 Views)

Re: When will Sony Live View Remote RM-LVR3 be available for sale?


nomnomnom wrote:


No I'm just trying to see if there is an option that I am missing, because I can't believe how dumb the design is. If there is no workaround for it, that is all. 


You might think the design is dumb. But you can guess that we might have another opinion about said dumbness...

 

I think it may be time to close this thread. Enough time and bandwidth has been wasted...

Enthusiast
Posts: 24
Registered: ‎07-16-2017
Message 45 of 48 (853 Views)

Re: When will Sony Live View Remote RM-LVR3 be available for sale?


wklatt wrote:

nomnomnom wrote:


No I'm just trying to see if there is an option that I am missing, because I can't believe how dumb the design is. If there is no workaround for it, that is all. 


You might think the design is dumb. But you can guess that we might have another opinion about said dumbness...

 

I think it may be time to close this thread. Enough time and bandwidth has been wasted...


Not really, many others are going to join this thread because of poor design. Just as I did, agreeing with as300r2017. More and more people will complain

Highlighted
Expert
Posts: 1,028
Registered: ‎11-02-2015
Message 46 of 48 (835 Views)

Re: When will Sony Live View Remote RM-LVR3 be available for sale?

[ Edited ]

Please finally reply to my comment!

In which way does my suggestion NOT solve your "issue"?

Here is my previously reply edited slightly to be more understandable:

By disabling the option on the camera, that the remote can switch the camera ON and OFF, you can switch the Remote OFF AFTER you are done with your recording and the camera will switch off either 20 or 60 seconds after it lost connection to the NOW SWITCHED OFF remote (depending on if you set your Auto-Off time to 20 or 60 seconds).

Later for your following recording you initiate the camera to switch on AND START RECORDING almost immideately by pressing the REC button on the camera while simultaniously switching the REMOTE ON with the Power button on the remote itself.

The camera will switch ON nearly instantaniously and start to record, while the remote will connect in the next 6 to 10 seconds (I noticed the time is actually lower than the 15 second time I did recall from the back of my head).

Expert
Posts: 375
Registered: ‎01-21-2015
Message 47 of 48 (822 Views)

Re: When will Sony Live View Remote RM-LVR3 be available for sale?

Hey, Nic, he is not looking for solutions. He just comes on here to complain because of his ineptitude. When he talks about dumb design, maybe he should look in the mirror...

Expert
Posts: 375
Registered: ‎01-21-2015
Message 48 of 48 (820 Views)

Re: When will Sony Live View Remote RM-LVR3 be available for sale?


nomnomnom wrote:

wklatt wrote:

nomnomnom wrote:


No I'm just trying to see if there is an option that I am missing, because I can't believe how dumb the design is. If there is no workaround for it, that is all. 


You might think the design is dumb. But you can guess that we might have another opinion about said dumbness...

 

I think it may be time to close this thread. Enough time and bandwidth has been wasted...


Not really, many others are going to join this thread because of poor design. Just as I did, agreeing with as300r2017. More and more people will complain


Well, thank goodness the designers are a lot smarter than you. If the LVR display would shut down as you suggest, it would greatly limit its usefulness with its primary purpose (ie remote control multiple action cams). But you obviously don't understand that...

 

Again, I strongly suggest you use a phone camera for your purposes, or buy a simple point and shoot. Hopefully, they are simple enough to operate for you, and you won't have anything to complain about.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook