Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Action Cam

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 48 (1,935 Views)

When will Sony Live View Remote RM-LVR3 be available for sale?

I was given a Sony FDR-X3000 action camera for Christmas but unfortunately it was not the package bundled with the live view remote. I would like to purchase this separately. How can I purchase the RM-LVR3 remote? I do not see it available online and have seen conflicting information if it will be offerered separately. Can somone from Sony confirm what the status of this is? Thanks. 

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 48 (1,866 Views)

Re: When will Sony Live View Remote RM-LVR3 be available for sale?

I want one as well! Purchased the FDR-X3000 without remote, and while the app on iPhone functions well, I want a better control over the camera when skiing. with camera mounted on helmet.

Message 3 of 48 (1,832 Views)

Hi Miggitymac,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We suggest to contact our authorized parts and accessories distributor to check the availability of the Live View Remote for Action Cam . You may reach them via the link below: https://sony.encompass.com/.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 48 (1,642 Views)

Hi,

the question, or rather request, is to Sony, not a distributor. Distributor can't stock what Sony doesn't offer.

Sony -  release the RM-LVR3 a separate product!

Apprentice
Message 5 of 48 (1,543 Views)

You could also try to find the LVR2 and check Craigslist- maybe someone would be willing to part it out seperate from their camera.  I ended up buying it with the camera and after a week of using it I can honestly say I have no idea how I would ever go without it.  The camera app takes many more steps, time and it kills the battery quickly.

Just as FYI, I do have one grip with the remote.  When I turn OFF recording (hitting the red button twice- once to wake up the remote display and once to stop recording), the remote display stays ON permanently.  It NEVER times out in Standby mode.  

***If anyone knows a way around this please let me know***  

Hopefully it is something Sony can build into their next firmware update.  Being able to toggle ON/OFf an action cam with the push of a button is so very basic I can't believe their engineers would over look that.  It's  a fundemental function.  Leaving the screen on kills the battery quickly. If it's recording the remote times out and the red light stays lit red (good) but standby mode is important as you can use it often in between shots. When skiing I might turn it on/off 5+ times during a single run.  I don't want to have to turn everything OFF, then resync bluetooth/wifi, etc. in between shots.  It's just an unecessary hassle.  Other than that my AS300R works great and the video is exceptional.  1080@30 looks very good and uses less memory/space than @60fps. 

Expert
Message 6 of 48 (1,528 Views)

Re your question about turning off the remote automatically when finished recording, not sure why you would want that. It is just another single button push to turn off the remote, too, if you want. But if you turn it off, your camera will also shut off after 1 minute (or whatever your time-out setting is), and then you need to turn it on again before being able to record.

I have 3 cameras mounted externally on my airplane and use the remote to record short clips which are often many minutes apart. I do the same with skiing or on my mtn bike. By choosing when I want to shut off the remote, I also control when I want to shut off my cameras.

Also, when not recording, and the remote is on my wrist, I sometimes use the watch display feature which is kind of handy.

Having said all that, I do realize you are referring to the LVR3 with the bluetooth which can also remotely shut off and on the cameras. But what if you also used some of the older cameras (without bluetooth) with that remote, then you would still have the same issue I described above.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 48 (1,524 Views)

Thanks "Expert" but to clarify, I DO NOT want to turn off the remote- only the display so the battery doesn't die. I want it to be on and connected. I want to see the BLUE indicator on the screen with the screen OFF (in a ready, stand-by mode). I do not see the logic in having the LCD screen on for potentially 5, 10-15 minutes in between my shots? I also do not want to turn off everything in between shots. This is an action cam- I want to quickly with 2 button presses (1. wake up + 2. record & in <10 seconds) be up and recording. Not have to restart, find camera, connect, record as I have to do now. I only run one AS300R and one LVR-3. I am new and you are the expert so maybe I don't know what I am talking about- if I am missing something please let me know. I do appreciate your comments and direction. I'll also add, I am using the Corel X10 VideoStudio for editing and really like it- much better than PMemories.
Expert
Message 8 of 48 (1,520 Views)

[ Edited ]

Why do you hijack threads? You already asked for a solution to your problem in a seperate post. This thread ia about something completly different!

I did already answer your question here.

Maybe you have not used many forums, but it makes it very hard for us (who try to help you) to keep track of your posts.

Apprentice
Message 9 of 48 (1,510 Views)

I think you are right- my apologize. That wasn't my intention. I tried to answer the question that was asked, then just kept chatting. My goal was to add value to the group on related subjects but I do get your point. When I posted about the remote, I didn't get a good answer so I was continuing to keep that related topic alive. If I were buying this remote, I would find it relevant but I won't post anymore to this thread. I didn't mean to offend you.
Expert
Message 10 of 48 (1,496 Views)

as300r2017 wrote:
Thanks "Expert" but to clarify, I DO NOT want to turn off the remote- only the display so the battery doesn't die. I want it to be on and connected. I want to see the BLUE indicator on the screen with the screen OFF (in a ready, stand-by mode).

You can do that, too. If you toggle the same button that shows the watch display, you also get to a blank (dark) screen and the remote stays on showing only the blue indicator light. And BTW, the wrist remote battery lasts more than 2 times as long as the camera battery, even with the full display on all the time.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook