Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Action Cam

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 11 of 48 (1,206 Views)

Re: When will Sony Live View Remote RM-LVR3 be available for sale?

Great, thank you.  

Keeping with the original theme, out of respect to the OP, there is a LVR-3 w/watchband, buckle attachment FOR SALE NOW on Ebay for $58.  It states that it is NEW.

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 48 (807 Views)

wklatt, can you explain you mean? What button do I press to turn off the remote screen while connected to the camera? I hate that the remote and camera does not turn itself off when I stop recording.

Expert
Message 13 of 48 (805 Views)

I have the LVR2V, not the LVR3. On mine, I toggle the top button to turn screen off, display time or display camera view. To shut off camera, I stop recording, and then turn off the remote (bottom button). The camera then will also shut off after 60 sec (user selected setting).

LVR3 is different, as you can turn camera on and off with the bluetooth.

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 48 (802 Views)

So there is no button to turn screen off, or display time. So I guess I'm screwed? I'm forced to power off the remote/camera after each clip? If I leave it hanging, it will just drain to death? What a terrible design

Expert
Message 15 of 48 (798 Views)

nomnomnom wrote:

So there is no button to turn screen off, or display time. So I guess I'm screwed? I'm forced to power off the remote/camera after each clip? If I leave it hanging, it will just drain to death? What a terrible design

I wish you would be more specific as to which LVR and camera on/off settings you are using and your specific recording procedures. I was referring to my LVR2V that allows me to use it any way I want with regard to on/off, recording, display, stop/start/off, etc. I am sure the LVR3 has those capabilities (and more), but since I don't own one, would have to look at the manual to answer your questions. Of course, you can do that yourself. There are a lot of settings for both the cameras and LVR's, so you need to read and understand the instuctions thoroughly if you want to get the best experience with your camera usage.

Enthusiast
Message 16 of 48 (795 Views)

I read the manual many times and searched online for hours. Here's the issue.

When turn on the camera and the remote using the power button on the remote, the camera and remote will connect taking around 7-10 seconds.

So I don't want to do that every time I record, especially when I know I will be recording again in a few minutes.

So I'm looking for a way to just put the remote and camera on standby after a clip is finished. But there isn't a way to do this. If I just let the camera and remote sit there, it will just drain the battery forever.

The only way to go on standby is by turning off the remote and camera. But once you turn it off, the only way to shoot again is to go through that 7-10 seconds setup. Which is ridiculous.

This is doubly ridiculous because if you were actually shooting a video, the remote automatically turns off the screen after 10 seconds. But if you aren't shooting, ironically, it will keep the screen on forever!
Expert
Message 17 of 48 (792 Views)

You can disable, that the screen shuts off during recording on the remote.

You can also hold the menu button on the remote to 'Hold' it, so no other button press initiates anything on the remote, which maybe solves you issue when throwing it in a bagpack for only a few minutes.

Alternatively you can disable the power-off by remote on the camera, so by switching off the remote the camera is not affected.

Then you can grab your cam again, start filming in 3 seconds from complete camera standby by pressing the cameras record button and then switch the remote on with its power button to let it connect AFTER younalready started the recording.

Maybe I understand your issue wrong though.
Expert
Message 18 of 48 (789 Views)

When the LVR is connected to the camera with wifi, and the camera is turned on (with bluetooth or manually), it will not shut off automatically between recordings. So if you are recording every few minutes, just leave it turned on, and use the record on/off button the LVR to get the footage you want. Then when you are finished, turn off the remote (or use bluetooth) to shut off the camera. I do that all the time with my action cams, incl my new AS50 (bluetooth) which I'm sure works the same as the X3000. Just be sure you have the correct camera on/off settings to allow that. Once the wifi is connection is off then it reverts to whatever on/off setting you have in your camera. I use 60 sec.

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 48 (787 Views)

wklatt so basically what you are saying is that, when I am done recording, press the power off button. And then just accepts that when it is turned back on, it will be 7-10 seconds. Correct? I'm not missing another other options available?

Expert
Message 20 of 48 (782 Views)

You definetly missed my comment...

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook