Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Action Cam

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 21 of 48 (557 Views)

Re: When will Sony Live View Remote RM-LVR3 be available for sale?

well sorry start recording and then doing the 10 seconds connection afterwards isn't going to help. I need to see what I am shooting with, otherwise it's just wasted footage.

The correct solution, is to just implement standby for the remote that will TURN OFF THE ****** SCREEN
Expert
Message 22 of 48 (554 Views)

The camera has a 170° FOV so I doubt you need to exactly see what your filming for the first 10 seconds.

Maybe I just don't get what you are using the camera for, so I would be happy about an example to be able to understand your issue better.
Enthusiast
Message 23 of 48 (552 Views)

Simple I have a kid I'm trying to shoot who is crawling around. I would shoot for 3 minutes and then stop for 10. And then start again. Right now theres only two way to do this. Leave everything on which is a huge battery waste for the 10min downtime. The second option is to power on and off repeatedly which takes 10 seconds each time. 

No I don't want to shoot uncomposed. 

Expert
Message 24 of 48 (549 Views)

You tell me you 10 seconds is too mich?

Even my DSLR needs 10 seconds from Standby to be able to shoot again, since I would need to set it up for the (maybe changed lighting conditions).

I still don't see why 10 seconds would make a difference in the example you described, yet maybe I am simply too close minded.
Enthusiast
Message 25 of 48 (546 Views)

It can work. Just super frustrating because again they already do this WHILE RECODING
Expert
Message 26 of 48 (545 Views)

I still don't understand your problem to be honest.

Maybe I just struggle with the example you choose.
Enthusiast
Message 27 of 48 (543 Views)

You don't understand that LCD screen takes battery? Ok
Expert
Message 28 of 48 (543 Views)

nomnomnom wrote:

wklatt so basically what you are saying is that, when I am done recording, press the power off button. And then just accepts that when it is turned back on, it will be 7-10 seconds. Correct? I'm not missing another other options available?

No, not exactly. What I am saying is when you are finished all your recordings for the time being, then shut off your LVR, and your camera will shut off after 60 sec, if that is what your camera setting (not LVR setting) calls for. But no, you do not do that with each recording (use the recording on/off button on your LVR instead). And yes, it will take whatever time necessary (7 - 10 sec or whatever) to turn the camera back on. So what?? You are only doing that after you have finished with your series of recordings and want your camera shut off so you don't waste battery. Why would you want to leave your camera on if you are not using it??

Expert
Message 29 of 48 (542 Views)

nomnomnom wrote:

Simple I have a kid I'm trying to shoot who is crawling around. I would shoot for 3 minutes and then stop for 10. And then start again. Right now theres only two way to do this. Leave everything on which is a huge battery waste for the 10min downtime. The second option is to power on and off repeatedly which takes 10 seconds each time. 

No I don't want to shoot uncomposed. 

If you are only stopping for 10 minutes, probably best just to leave your camera on. That is not a "huge" battery waste. Your camera should be able to stay on in standby for an hour or more.

You will have to decide for yourself which is more efficient, between charging your camera time, and the 7-10 sec to power it on.

I mean honestly, if you call that a problem or bad design, you are really stretching it. These are action cams. I use mine externally mounted on my airplane. The wifi and bluetooth work perfectly for my needs. If you need a camera to record your baby when you want, wny use an action cam? Use your phone, or other camcorder, which has more battery capacity and quicker to operate for that application. You need the right tool for the job!!

Expert
Message 30 of 48 (540 Views)

nomnomnom wrote:
You don't understand that LCD screen takes battery? Ok

Are you talking about the screen on your camera or LVR? If it is the LVR, that battery will outlast your camera by a long time. Mine lasts about 3 hours or so (with the screen on and wifi connected to my cameras). I have never found the need to shut off the display to preserve battery power.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook