Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Action Cam

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 31 of 48 (392 Views)

Re: When will Sony Live View Remote RM-LVR3 be available for sale?

How is that not bad design? If you accidently forgot and left your remote and camera on after you stopped recording, it will drain both devices to death. How is that not bad design? Can you name me one camera that does not have auto power off??? 

Expert
Message 32 of 48 (390 Views)

[ Edited ]

What has this to do with the problem you are describing to us for around 7 posts?

It was about getting a recording started fast after Standby - NOT about you forgetting to turn the camera/remote off.

Please focus on one problem at a time, otherwise you mix up our replies for each problems as well as us mixing up your replies.

Enthusiast
Message 33 of 48 (385 Views)

No it is about getting a proper standby mode in place, and failing that you would have to constantly turn it on and off which is slow. If it had a proper standby on its own you wont need to start it on and off to BEGIN WITH.

Expert
Message 34 of 48 (384 Views)

nomnomnom wrote:

How is that not bad design? If you accidently forgot and left your remote and camera on after you stopped recording, it will drain both devices to death. How is that not bad design? Can you name me one camera that does not have auto power off??? 

Well, I don't think your camera or LVR can tell if you left it on by accident or on purpose. I you want to deliberately leave your camera shooting for a long time, and it suddenly shut off without warning, you wouldn't be happy with that either.

Like I said, it does have auto power off, if you stop recording. But of course if you are recording, you would not want it to auto shut off!!

Enthusiast
Message 35 of 48 (381 Views)

wklatt wrote:

nomnomnom wrote:

Well, I don't think your camera or LVR can tell if you left it on by accident or on purpose. I you want to deliberately leave your camera shooting for a long time, and it suddenly shut off without warning, you wouldn't be happy with that either.

Like I said, it does have auto power off, if you stop recording. But of course if you are recording, you would not want it to auto shut off!!

No you are confused. I'm not referring to auto shut off while recording. 

I'm saying it doesn't auto shut off AFTER YOU STOPPED RECORDING!

Expert
Message 36 of 48 (380 Views)

[ Edited ]

I think he means, that the remote stays on after you stop a recording. The remote being on and connected means, that the camera is kept from shutting down either.

Though if I am not mistaken that is a completly different problem from the "powering on from Standby problem".

I am very certain you still missed my earlier comment - you can actually disable ON THE CAMERA, that the remote can switch it ON and OFF!

With that you can switch the Remote off AFTER you are done with your recording and the camera will switch off either 20 or 60 seconds after it lost connection to the NOW SWITCHED OFF remote.

Later you initiate the camera switching on AND STARTING TO RECORD by pressing the REC button on the camera while simultaniously switching the REMOTE ON. 

The camera will switch ON nearly instantaniously and start to record, while the remote will connect in the next 6 to 10 seconds.

Expert
Message 37 of 48 (367 Views)

nomnomnom wrote:

wklatt wrote:

nomnomnom wrote:

Well, yeah, very easy to get confused when you are not specific and seem to be talking about different "problems".

If you are talking about auto shut off with the LVR, I can tell you that would certainly not be desirable. By keeping the LVR on, I am keeping my cameras powered up. If it shut off automatically, then I would have no way of turning on my remote action cams (that are mounted externally on my plane). Remember, the LVR works with bluetooth and non bluetooth cameras. And like I said before, the LVR has a long battery life (much longer than my cameras), so no need to turn it off to save battery.

And if you just leave everything on my accident and drain the batteries, welll, that is your problem. And no need to fix your absent mindedness, by screwing it up for the rest of us. The cameras and LVRs work perfectly as designed!! I would not want them to work any differently.

Expert
Message 38 of 48 (364 Views)

Also - the remote doesn't turn off, after you stopped the recording, since normally that is the time you re-frame the shot - because if you are not, you simply switch both (the camera and the remote) off.
Enthusiast
Message 39 of 48 (342 Views)

wklatt wrote:

nomnomnom wrote:

wklatt wrote:

nomnomnom wrote:

Well, yeah, very easy to get confused when you are not specific and seem to be talking about different "problems".

If you are talking about auto shut off with the LVR, I can tell you that would certainly not be desirable. By keeping the LVR on, I am keeping my cameras powered up. If it shut off automatically, then I would have no way of turning on my remote action cams (that are mounted externally on my plane). Remember, the LVR works with bluetooth and non bluetooth cameras. And like I said before, the LVR has a long battery life (much longer than my cameras), so no need to turn it off to save battery.

And if you just leave everything on my accident and drain the batteries, welll, that is your problem. And no need to fix your absent mindedness, by screwing it up for the rest of us. The cameras and LVRs work perfectly as designed!! I would not want them to work any differently.

What you are saying doesn't make sense. How is it going to be worse of an experience for you if the remote turn off the screen if it idles? Explain that.

Expert
Message 40 of 48 (340 Views)

nomnomnom wrote:

What you are saying doesn't make sense. How is it going to be worse of an experience for you if the remote turn off the screen if it idles? Explain that.

Why would I want the remote screen to turn off?? If I did, I would not be able to see which camera is connected, and would have to keep turning it on to see what is going on. I currently control 4 remote cameras with my wrist remote, and regularly switch views to see which view I might want to capture and start recording. I have mentioned before how battery usage is not an issue with the remotes, so that is no reason.

I am sorry, but if you don't like your action cam and remote, why don't you just buy something else. They work absolutely perfectly for me. And would not want any changes of the type you suggest, that's for sure.

To be honest, what you want sounds more like a phone camera. Their screens shut off after a specified time, and should work just fine for shooting your kid crawling or walking. You don't need an action cam for that.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook