Welcome to the Community!

Alpha NEX Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 9 (748 Views)

4 out of my 10 photos (RWA) can't be saved in my SD card

I own a SONY Alpha NEX-f3 mirrorless. During the last 5 months, 4 out of 10 photos - sometimes more, sometimes less - are not properly saved in my SD card (Kingston SDXC), which is the 3rd I bought the last 5 months and I can verify that it's not the card's issue.  It happens mostly when I save in RWA image, but also once while I was saving in dual mode (RWA + JPEG).  It is really frustrating because I use the camera for professional reason and it is quite an issue.

Professional
Message 2 of 9 (734 Views)

Re: 4 out of my 10 photos (RWA) can't be saved in my SD card

Has the card been formated in the camera?

¹ The Lens is the Thing
² 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 9 (719 Views)

Several times. Actually every time I return from a trip I move my photos to the PC and then I format the card (every 2-3 months)
Professional
Message 4 of 9 (716 Views)

I can only presume that the problem is with the cards. Try formatting a card in your computer, then formatting it in the camera. Your computer is much more likely to uncover problems than the camera is.

Do you have any other devices that use SD Cards? Do those cards work ok in those devices?

I would also suggest that you stick with either SanDisk or Lexar cards, making sure they are fast enough. SD Cards are frequently counterfeited, and even otherwise reputable retailers can unknowingly pass counterfeit cards.

¹ The Lens is the Thing
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 9 (713 Views)

I'm pretty sure it's not a matter of SD card.. A couple of months ago I even gave my card to a friend to try it and it was working perfectly at his camera.. And when I put it back in NEX I had the same issue.
Apprentice
Message 6 of 9 (708 Views)

Are you using micro SD card with adapters ?

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 9 (702 Views)

I've tried that too, but the current one I'm using is a Kingston SDXC.
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 9 (701 Views)

Which is SD..
Highlighted
Professional
Message 9 of 9 (680 Views)

grhxry wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's not a matter of SD card.. A couple of months ago I even gave my card to a friend to try it and it was working perfectly at his camera.. And when I put it back in NEX I had the same issue.

Your friend may not have been storing large RAW (ARW) files, only much smaller JPEG files.

¹ The Lens is the Thing

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook