Welcome to the Community!

Alpha NEX Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 17 (1,040 Views)

Re: A6000 freezes

<p>Yes I have had the same problem. &nbsp;Was old by Sony to send it to their repair place in Connecticut. &nbsp;😖😖😖</p>
Enthusiast
Message 12 of 17 (1,038 Views)

Was told to send it in as well, but could not afford to at this time. So went online looking for problem and arrived here and very thankful I did!!
Rookie
Message 13 of 17 (457 Views)

Mine just did the exact same thing.  I've only had this camera about 2 years which for the price paid should have lasted many more years.  It will cost half of what it costs to buy a new one, but I doubt I will ever buy a Sony camera ever again.  Now I'm stuck with a few lenses which I hope I can get a decent price for them on eBay.  I'm so upset!  

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 14 of 17 (409 Views)

HOW TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE

Symptoms:
Unresponsive camera. Look like the autofocus is locked and you cant modify anything except take a picture. In the menu the buttons work normally.

Fix:
The shutter button is stuck half way, the camera is always focus thus you can't modifiy any parameters. Tap lightly multiple times the shutter button to loose the dirt that get it stuck. An other method is to use a vacuum cleaner around it to clean it. If after that it still wont work, you have to open the camera and clean the button with a qtip soaked with electronic cleaner fluid. If your camera is still under warranty, dont do it yourself as it would void it.

The problem is physical, no firmware update of reset will resolve it.

Hope this helps.
Apprentice
Message 15 of 17 (96 Views)

Looks like I am in the same boat. So I am shooting a show Saturday night with an a6000 and 18-105 g lens like I have done numerous times before. Halfway thru the show I start having issues with the shutter button when pushing down half way - and then soon after have issues trying to: access the menu (I can't), change shooting mode (I can't), review photos taken (I can't), change ISO (I can't). 

Turn off camera, problem doesn't resolve itself. Turn off again and take out battery and leave out for a couple of minutes and seems to return to normal when battery reinserted but problem starts again. BUT, during all this I am able to view the monitor and I am able to zoom in/out and take pics but there is a delay in the photo displaying after taking a photo and clearing so I can take another shot. 

Camera is less than two years old. Is this a common issue with the a6000? Actuations to date is 50,833.

Having raised the question on a number of Facebook (a6000) pages and doing further research I am convinced I also have this shutter problem. Read about people using vacuum cleaners and a special WD40 spray and tapping the camera to try and lossen the dirt.

Have also read that Sony changed the shutter button setup on the a6300 - does that mean they knew there is/was a problem. This is my second new Sony camera to have failed me within a couple of years. Two years ago I had a 14 month old HX400v die on me and Sony were no help.

Wondering if this is a production error do we have a case to seek remedy via a third party like mediation etc.? 

Apprentice
Message 16 of 17 (91 Views)

Just spoke to Sony on their 1300 13 SONY (7669) - got sent to I don't know where but I do know it was not someone in Australia. Was told camera needs servicing and to it being out of warranty I will be up for costs. Will take this up with consumer affairs here in Australia and see what they have to say. Do not feel it is right that a NEW camera should have problems less than two years after purchase.

Apprentice
Message 17 of 17 (90 Views)

Just spoke to Sony on their 1300 13 SONY - got sent to I don't know where but I do know it was not someone in Australia. Was told camera needs servicing and to it being out of warranty I will be up for costs. Will take this up with consumer affairs here in Australia and see what they have to say. Do not feel it is right that a NEW camera should have problems less than two years after purchase.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook