Welcome to the Community!

Alpha NEX Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 1 of 1 (515 Views)

A6300 Silver vs. GH5s

Sony has just released a Silver version of the popular A6300,

without offering any new features or firmware upgrades to address some of the issues that have been identified.

Meanwhile, the competition releases another product that offers many of those features that Sony owners would like to see in their own cameras: 4K DCI 50p, 10-Bit, 4:2:2, P48 phantom, Timecode, nice Scopes, LOG, loadable LUTs, focus racking, HFR, HLG, multi-aspect sensor design...

Quote dpreview:

"Then, of course, there's the GH5S's greater range of video tools, including vector scopes and waveforms, and its ability to capture great bit-depth video with better color resolution (10-bit 4:2:2 capture, rather than 8-bit 4:2:0 capture), and the GH5S suddenly looks like something of a bargain. Oh, and the small matter of being able to shoot DCI video and both flavors of 4K at up to 60p, neither of which the Sony can do."

(read the full Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5s article here)

Panasonic has embraced the fact that nowadays most customers are Hybrid Video & Stills shooters, and is not afraid of offering products that do just that, without panicking that such a product would impact on the sales of it's own professional video range. 

I hope Sony acknowledges the recent developments and doesn't miss the boat with the upcoming A7SIII as far as feature set is concerned.. 

(This while I'm still waiting for a meaningful Firmware update for my A6300...)

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook