Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Alpha NEX Cameras

Tuning Up
mendolar
Accepted Solution

Connected to the access point. Cannot connect to the computer to be saved. Mac OSX

My Nex 6 cannot connect to my Mac using the Wireless Auto Import app.  I've tried with public folders as well as the default "Pictures" folder.  I've restarted bonjour many times. The camera connects to the wifi network but cant talk to the PC. The effor messsage reads "Connected to the access pointCannot connect to the computer to be saved"  

I've seen this error discussed on many boards but with no resolution.  I've disabled all firewalls and have sucessfully registered the computer into the camera and also have confirmed that the camera is able to send to smartphone and TV.  Is there some issue with MAC OS wireless setttings?  I dont see anywhere where I can open up a specific port but something is broken in the way this camera tries to access Mac  folders.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ShaunH

Re: Connected to the access point. Cannot connect to the computer to be saved. Mac OSX

Hi Mendolar,

You may refer to the link below for instructions regarding transferring files wirelessly to an Apple Mac computer.

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/documentLink.do?externalId=C1034581

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
avohana

Re: Connected to the access point. Cannot connect to the computer to be saved. Mac OSX

Hey guys, just got a DSC-WX80 and I'm having pretty much the same problem. Installed the "Wireless Auto Import" and everything works well, it connects to my access point but then it shows this message: "Connected to the access point. Cannot connect to the computer to be saved."

I have spent like three hours browsing the net for solutions, but nothing works. Is there something I should do in the network configurations? I use Apple Time Capsule as a router and OS Lion 10.8.3

PLEASE HELP. This function is like ESSENTIAL for me and I really do not want to go for an eye-fi card 'cause I've already read how ******ty they can be! ;-P

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
FrancisG

Make sure that the camera and the computer are connected to the same network. You may try reinstalling the Wireless Auto Import application, and follow these steps in registering the computer as the destination.

If this post answers your question, please mark it "Accept as Solution."

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
avohana

Nope... still doesn't work. In fact, because of another problem, I had to have the camera replaced and now I tested the new camera and well, same problem... it recognized the SSID of the network and the name of the computer, shows the "Connecting..." thing for a while and then "Connected to access point. Cannot connect to computer to be saved" message follows.

Please help. This function is really essential for me!

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
FrancisG

Try changing the USB mode of the camera prior to connecting it to your Mac. Refer to this link for instructions.

Please choose [MTP] among the settings, and then connect the camera to your Mac using the supplied USB cable. After that, please perform the same steps found on the previous link that I have provided.

If this post answers your question, please mark it "Accept as Solution."

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
cwinte

[ Edited ]

I am having similar results. In fact I can tell that the Sony software on the Mac (/Library/Application Support/WirelessAutoImport/WirelessImporterDaemon) does actually get some signal from the camera as some extra routines are called when the attempt is initiated on the NEX, but it fails to complete for some reason. However I think this shows the network is making a connect through from NEX to the Sony sofware on Mac.

(I can tell this via Develepor instruments sampling the WirelessImporterDaemon, and the reaction was consistent across 3 attempts)

But the NEX6 DOES transfer to iPad/phone fine.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
cwinte

further checking and still the same error with 2 different routers, one with uPnP support which I suspect is needed. The NEX is sending out packets but the Mac does not seem to respond correctly, it does not send anything back to NEX.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
FrancisG

Is this the same thing after you have tried re-registering the camera while its [USB Connection] is on [MTP]?

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
chrish

The same thing happens to me. I have gone in and selected MTP as the USB connection type however my device still times out.

I think it's what another poster mentioned - my MacBook isn't responding to the Bonjour packets. Here's a tcpdump:

Chriss-MacBook-Air:~ hellcheese$ sudo tcpdump -e -i en0 -s 1500 -v  host 192.168.2.102
tcpdump: listening on en0, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 1500 bytes

16:28:28.379929 5c:f8:a1:35:46:d7 (oui Unknown) > 01:00:5e:7f:ff:fa (oui Unknown), ethertype IPv4 (0x0800), length 326: (tos 0x0, ttl 4, id 0, offset 0, flags [DF], proto UDP (17), length 312)
    192.168.2.102.ssdp > 239.255.255.250.ssdp: UDP, length 284
16:28:28.404241 5c:f8:a1:35:46:d7 (oui Unknown) > 01:00:5e:7f:ff:fa (oui Unknown), ethertype IPv4 (0x0800), length 335: (tos 0x0, ttl 4, id 0, offset 0, flags [DF], proto UDP (17), length 321)
    192.168.2.102.ssdp > 239.255.255.250.ssdp: UDP, length 293
16:28:28.430396 5c:f8:a1:35:46:d7 (oui Unknown) > 01:00:5e:7f:ff:fa (oui Unknown), ethertype IPv4 (0x0800), length 356: (tos 0x0, ttl 4, id 0, offset 0, flags [DF], proto UDP (17), length 342)
    192.168.2.102.ssdp > 239.255.255.250.ssdp: UDP, length 314
16:28:28.567151 5c:f8:a1:35:46:d7 (oui Unknown) > 01:00:5e:7f:ff:fa (oui Unknown), ethertype IPv4 (0x0800), length 380: (tos 0x0, ttl 4, id 0, offset 0, flags [DF], proto UDP (17), length 366)
    192.168.2.102.ssdp > 239.255.255.250.ssdp: UDP, length 338

The error message is:

"Connected to the access point. Cannot connect to the computer to be saved."

Please use plain text.