Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 8 (375 Views)
Accepted Solution

Data entry on a-5000

I'm trying to login to a hotel's wifi with my a-5000 so that I can use the direct upload app. I have successfully registered the hotel wifi as the access point but of course have to enter a username & password. The only menu trail that I can find to do this is under 'hotspot' ( and now I cant remember how I got there!). But once there I get taken to the hotel's wifi logon page. I can enter username and padsword (laboriously) using the back-of-camera controls, but I can find no way to tick the box so as to accept T&C. I'M SO CLOSE 😠. Can anyone help?
Professional
Message 2 of 8 (365 Views)

Re: Data entry on a-5000

Try connecting your smartphone to the hotel's WiFi, then connect your camera to your smartphone' WiFi HotSpot.

¹ The Lens is the Thing
² 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 8 (348 Views)

That's so crazy it just might work! 😊
Thanks! I'll report back.
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 8 (347 Views)

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 8 (338 Views)

Hmm... enabling hotspot on the phone drops its wifi connection to the hotel. The phone tells me that to enable HS that WIFI must be turned off. The camera does list the phone as an available access point, and it connects successfully, but since I dont have a local sim card in the phone (travelling in India) with a purchased data allocation I guess my HS has no connection to the world. :-(
Professional
Message 6 of 8 (301 Views)

Too bad. Sorry for the waste of time.

¹ The Lens is the Thing
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
Professional
Message 7 of 8 (300 Views)

It sounds like you could enable the HS, upload your photos to your smartphone, then disable the HS, connect to the hotel's WiFi, and upload the photos from your smartphone.

It may be an indirect way of achieving your goal, but it may be a way of achieving your goal.

¹ The Lens is the Thing
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 8 (284 Views)

It's fun trying to find a workaround, so thank you both for your suggestions. The hotel loaned me a hot-spot device which is a seperate network to that of the hotel, and which requires no tick-box for connection. BUT, there was a riot last night in the nearby town, teargas, rubber bullets... and the local govt has blocked public wifi networks in part to put a lid on the spread of discontent. My recently aquired device is blocked. I just can't catch a break! 😁

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook