Alpha NEX Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Professional
Message 31 of 35 (867 Views)

Re: Fake shutter sound A5000

dev84 wrote:

I may be wrong about this but, why when i close speaker holes i hear only the shutter closing for the picture to be taken, but i don't hear the other sound? 

Because the small, cheap speaker in the body distorts the sound of the shutter when the sound passes through it. When you close the speaker holes, the sound isn't coming through the speaker, so you don't hear the distorted version of the actual sound of the shutter.

¹ The Lens is the Thing
² 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
Enthusiast
Message 32 of 35 (850 Views)

Please stop posting useless comments TCav. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Just keep shooting pictures with your point-and-shoot camera. There is no shame in doing so.

When you cut the wires (of the speaker) the fake sound is no longer audiable, it has nothing to do with the holes at the bottom of the camera. "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Wernher von Braun. And you are not even an expert but a newbie. If yo have a solution please reply. If not, shut up.
Enthusiast
Message 33 of 35 (843 Views)

Putting camera on few seconds exposure evrything apears clear.

After pressing shutter button fully, camera plays the sound of opening shutter this is an information that camera started to capture image.

After exposure time ends real mechanical shutter closes and the sound of clossing shutter is also heard on the speker.

Picture is done, now the shutter opens and there is no sound played, just the mechanical noise of shutter beaing opened, and lcd comes back to live view.

Entire magic.

bye.

Professional
Message 34 of 35 (828 Views)

Whether there's a fake shutter sound or not, there's nothing that can be donw about it without disabling other features of the camera, or in the extreme, damaging your camera.

Whether I'm right or wrong, whether you're right or wrong, it's something you need to either live with or give up something else.

¹ The Lens is the Thing
² 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 35 of 35 (55 Views)

You're right Smiley Happy , the sound is coming from the bottom. Thanks for letting me know. My RX 100 lets me turn it off but this one wants me to believe the shutter is that frickin loud and it's not.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook