Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Alpha NEX Cameras

Tuning Up
mm576
Accepted Solution

How do you upload nex 5R time lapse app pictures?

The time lapse picture/movies do not appear outside of the time lapse app on the camera. The avi video files are not recognized on a mac, they are contained in a file called "private" that can't be opened. On a PC the file can be opened but the time lapse videos only play every tenth frame, skipping 9 frames just like when played back in the time lapse app. This leads me to a second question, how do you play back all of the frames that were recorded continuously, rather than every tenth?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
CharlieV

Re: How do you upload nex 5R time lapse app pictures?

[ Edited ]

Hello Michael,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Right now, there is no other option to change time-lapse playback so what you see on your camera is normal.  You should be able to transfer any of the time-lapse avi files from your NEX-5R to a PC/MAC system.  

First, connecting the NEX-5R to your computer as a mass storage device.  Second, going to the Cam Apps > APP_TLPS and look for a folder that labeled with the date when you recorded time -lapse pictures.  

If you grab files from the "Private" folder then that's not correct.  You can certain contact Sony support directly to get further help.

NOTES:

If time-lapse file format is set to "still" rather than 24p or 30p then those recorded pictures can be found in the standard "DCIM" folder.

Regards,

Charlie

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
liwanaga

I have a NEX 6 with the time lapse app as well. The only way I can even see the time lapse files is to remove the SD card from the camera, read it directly into the PC and copy the files from the directory named Sony. I hope they fix this. What a pain.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
jpskaar

This same issue is happening here. Have a NEX 5r and after some hassle (freezing while installing and starting, and factory resets) is now works. But I cannot find a way to transfer the .avi from camera to my MAC. I have connected the camera with USB as mass storage device and have these three folders and file:

DICM (Folder) -> 100MSDCF (Folder) -> empty

MP_ROOT (Folder) -> 100ANV01 (Folder) -> empty

PRIVATE (file) type AVCHD Content - size 128,7 MB

Now, I have a 16Gb memory card and finder shows 15,GB available.

In the Timelapse app I have two timelapse movies of 240 pics each. They are still accessable in the camera, and I guess the file PRIVATE are those two.

I have firmware Body NEX-5R Ver 1.01 and Lens/Mount Adapter Ver.01

Any suggestions to how to get these movies out of the camera?

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
jmvicke

I'm having the same problem. I can't open the PRIVATE file on my Mac once I copy it from the camera.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
jmvicke

I added .avi to the PRIVATE file, and that turned it, mysteriously, into a folder that contained subfolders with a real .avi file that I could play in Quicktime.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
sandio55

Not sure what magic I performed, but here's what just worked for me.  

I copies the Private folder to my desktop.

Then I dragged the folder into iPhoto.

Ta Da!  

I can play the files fine from there.

I dragged those working files to my desk top and they now play as avi files.  

Hope that helps.

Please use plain text.