Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Alpha NEX Cameras

Tuning Up
Robyn
Accepted Solution

How to change the mystery language 'back' to English as I can't read it to correct it

Today I turned on my Sony camera (I've owned for 8 months) and ALL the writing is in Japanese. .. I can't read anything in order to go to menu and change the settings... Please Help! Thanks

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
FrancisG

Re: How to change the mystery language 'back' to English as I can't read it to correct it

The steps in changing the language setting of the camera will differ depending on the camera's model number. Please provide the model number of your unit so that I could check some information. 

language icon.JPG

In addition, the language setting is usually marked by the icon illustrated above. You may try looking for a menu option with this icon and attempt to change to the English option.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Robyn

Re: How to change the mystery language 'back' to English as I can't read it to correct it

Thanks for responding. t--The model no is Sony NEX 5N --made in Thailand--

BRAVO I just looked for the "A" you suggested and even though it was surrounded by Chineses or Jampanese characters, it worked when I clicked it... THANK YOU sooooo much.

Please use plain text.