Welcome to the Community!

Alpha NEX Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 3 (443 Views)

Is it possible to rewire multi terminal cable for remotes such as rm-vpr1 to charge at the same time as remote operation

I have Sony A7sii and wondering if it is possible to rewire multi terminal cable for remotes such as rm-vpr1 to charge/power camera at the same time as remote operation. I like the ability to charge via multi terminal but are unable to while using wired remotes
Posted from Facebook
Message 2 of 3 (343 Views)

Re: Is it possible to rewire multi terminal cable for remotes such as rm-vpr1 to charge at the same time as remote operation

Hi NicholasBennett,

We do not recommend re-wiring the multi-terminal cable (for remote) to be able to charge while operating the remote.

It may cause damage to the camera.

For further assistance, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region at http://www.sony-asia.com/locale-selector?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Regards,

-Anthony

Message 3 of 3 (312 Views)

Re: Is it possible to rewire multi terminal cable for remotes such as rm-vpr1 to charge at the same time as remote operation

Hi NicholasBennett

Can you share with us why you would like to charge the camera and use the remote commander at the same time? We would like to further understand on the nature of your feedback.

Have you tried using smart remote control app (part of Playmemories Camera App) yet? You can use it to control the camera remotely as well as free the port to charge the camera. 

Regards

Ann

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook