Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Alpha NEX Cameras

USER-951855
Accepted Solution

NEX 5N sweep panorama not working

I have a brand new (October 10th 2012) NEX 5N from Adorama with 18-55mm lens.
I have used only the 18mm setting for sweep pano. I have attempted over 100 sweep panoramas and only 3 have come out. 3 out of 100 attempts.

I am a very experienced photographer. The error message is the same every time..."Moving camera too fast".

I have slowed way down tried to hold the camera in many different ways, smoothly, on many different scenes outdoors and indoors, and on tripod.

There is something wrong with this mode in this particular 5N.

It just will not work.

Has anyone had the same problem? Am I missing something? Would firmware fix this issue?

I got this camera at a blowout price and it is sold out everywhere so I doubt I can get another If I return this.

Any input greatly appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
NathanielL

Re: NEX 5N sweep panorama not working

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums.

I understand that with Panorama Sweep, you would have to move the camera slowly in the direction the arrow is pointing. In fact i was experimenting with the unit and i would have to move slowly in the direction the arrow was pointing to, I would say anywhere from 45 to 60 degree angle from where i was standing. It took at least 4 to 5 seconds for the panoramic image to be accepted OK. I was also using the 18-55 lens. Per the engineers, Practice makes Perfect so there may be some adjusting to do when using Panorama Sweep. However, if you have the time try to bring the camera to a near by electronics store that sells the camera or any of the NEX models and compare the Panorama Sweep with your camera. You may be able to determine if your camera has malfunctioned. If you need further support don't hesitate to contact Sony Support by clicking the following link:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-c ... EX5N&LOC=3
Please use plain text.