Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Alpha NEX Cameras

Groovin'
bergenp0

Off-camera flash cable for nex-6

Sony's off-camera cables, like the FA-CC1AM seem to use the older style connector, like on the NEX-7, and not the new connector like on the NEX-6, and the HVL-F60M flash.  I see some universal cables, like the Nissin SC-01 and Vello Universal Duo TTL Off-Camera Flash Cord which have a similar-looking shoe, however they all lack the tiny little connectors at the leading edge of the shoe on the HVL-F60M and NEX-6, which I believe is how the HVL-F60M transmits TTL to the Sony NEX-6.  Does anybody know where I can get an off-camera flash cable that will work and transmit all information?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
cmosse

Re: Off-camera flash cable for nex-6

it depends which external flash you want to connect with a cable. Sony offers the two adapters

• ADP-MAA and
  • ADM-AMA

for combining old/new shoe <->old new foot

A true Multi Interface extension cable tranmsitting all 24 pins is not available

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
bergenp0

So a cable that works with the new shoe is not available, so, to use cable, because both my camera and my flash use the 'new shoe', I have to buy 2 adapters to convert the camera and flash into the old shoe, and buy the 'old shoe' cable?  That seems pretty silly.  Since a flash cable is such a standard item I would have thought there would be a flash cable that worked with the new shoe.

BTW, do you know if I buy one of those 3rd party cables that uses the same 'new shoe', will the flash still work, and will it still have TTL?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
cmosse

if you want to connect the HVL-F60M with a cable off camera to the NEX-6 you just need to buy one adapter: the ADP-MAA. Then connect the  Sony flash cable FA-CC1AM to the adater on the camera and plug it to the connector on the side of the flash (no adapter required). The adapter sells for 25 USD.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
cmosse

you can not connect the NEX-6 and HVL-F60M using 3rd party universal "hot shoe" cables. Flash will not release I guess and it will never be TTL.

Please use plain text.