Welcome to the Community!

Alpha NEX Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 5 (2,210 Views)

Off-camera flash cable for nex-6

Sony's off-camera cables, like the FA-CC1AM seem to use the older style connector, like on the NEX-7, and not the new connector like on the NEX-6, and the HVL-F60M flash.  I see some universal cables, like the Nissin SC-01 and Vello Universal Duo TTL Off-Camera Flash Cord which have a similar-looking shoe, however they all lack the tiny little connectors at the leading edge of the shoe on the HVL-F60M and NEX-6, which I believe is how the HVL-F60M transmits TTL to the Sony NEX-6.  Does anybody know where I can get an off-camera flash cable that will work and transmit all information?

Expert
Message 2 of 5 (2,205 Views)

Re: Off-camera flash cable for nex-6

it depends which external flash you want to connect with a cable. Sony offers the two adapters

• ADP-MAA and
  • ADM-AMA

for combining old/new shoe <->old new foot

A true Multi Interface extension cable tranmsitting all 24 pins is not available

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 5 (2,200 Views)

So a cable that works with the new shoe is not available, so, to use cable, because both my camera and my flash use the 'new shoe', I have to buy 2 adapters to convert the camera and flash into the old shoe, and buy the 'old shoe' cable?  That seems pretty silly.  Since a flash cable is such a standard item I would have thought there would be a flash cable that worked with the new shoe.

BTW, do you know if I buy one of those 3rd party cables that uses the same 'new shoe', will the flash still work, and will it still have TTL?

Expert
Message 4 of 5 (2,197 Views)

if you want to connect the HVL-F60M with a cable off camera to the NEX-6 you just need to buy one adapter: the ADP-MAA. Then connect the  Sony flash cable FA-CC1AM to the adater on the camera and plug it to the connector on the side of the flash (no adapter required). The adapter sells for 25 USD.

Expert
Message 5 of 5 (2,196 Views)

you can not connect the NEX-6 and HVL-F60M using 3rd party universal "hot shoe" cables. Flash will not release I guess and it will never be TTL.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook