Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 2 (2,569 Views)

Sony A6300 Battery Drainage Problem

Hello guys,

I have just bought my brand new Sony A6300 couple weeks ago & I have noticed that battery is going down massively fast even the camera is OFF.

I have watched that even just playing with menus to customize some settings let battery go down like %1/min, i left the camera off in %55 to observe if is going to go down.

The next day it was %31. During this try out;

1. Airplane Mode was ON

2. ND Exposure was OFF

3. Remote control was OFF

furthermore I had also;

a. turned off EVF

b. Updated the in-build app Remote Control to the latest version

c. checked that firmware is the last updated (1.1 i suppose..)

however it seems is not being fixed. 

Well i've read that is general complain amogst Sony users and personally dissapointed to noticed that after i already purchased the gear. 

I would kindly open to all other pro suggestions to improve my battery life and moreover would like to hear from official Sony officers if there is any awareness about the problem as well as planned solution for the issue?

Thank you 

Ramiz. 

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 2 (2,476 Views)

Re: Sony A6300 Battery Drainage Problem

Finally I have come to some decisions on regarding battery issue.

The problem i observed was to see around %15 battery loss even the camera was completely off (by means mechanically shut off not by power save mode).

I have bought a spare battery to expand my try out. which take me to a one week try out. I have taken out original battery and put the other battery at %100. Keep the camera off..

During that waiting

1. Airplane Mode was ON
2. ND Exposure was OFF
3. Remote control was OFF

furthermore I had also;

a. turned off EVF (I used it manually so i managed to disable EVF sensor)
b. Updated the in-build app Remote Control to the latest version
c. checked that firmware is the last updated (1.1)

I must say this helped me prolong the battery life during shoots however didn't have any effect on the problem that battery drains while camera is mechanically on.

But today i noticed that the other battery, i was keeping as spare which was charged completely full, was drained a bit even i kept it away from the camera. I understand it when i put it to charger; it was showing 2 bars filled and the last bar was empty. When i took it out from charger and put to camera; camera shows %100. so i put it back to charger and let it charge fully. and after 10-15 minutes it was again in full state

Conclusion;

x. Battery Li-ion 1020mAh drains even it is out of the camera. The problem is with the Lithium battery not with the camera. I must check deeply the characteristic of lithium based batteries especially NP-FW50 types. It seems that even they upgrade the models over the years; battery is the same and that might be a problem as well.

Imagine you are using Nokia 3310 battery for Nokia smart phone. Since the sensors and processors are getting upgraded, the demand of the capacity from a battery is getting higher. So Sony leaves you to buy more and more extra packs of batteries to compensate this problem...not cool.

******. Camera battery percentage indicator might be working different than i though. I mean if even physically the battery is around %90, camera may not notice that at once, in case of special occasions like mine. As i said, when i put the battery to charger it was drained a bit (i dont know how much-- maybe %2 maybe less) but camera was showing %100. So this can be fixed with a simple FW update.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook