Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Alpha NEX Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 1 of 4 (6,700 Views)

Sony a5100 Unable to transfer videos to computer

Got my Sony a5100 for almost a year now, and had successfully transferred videos from my camera to my computer via the usual USB connection. However, lately when I had tried to transfer the videos I had filmed, only the photos were appearing and the videos that I had filmed did not appear in the subfiles at all. Did a check when I unplugged the USB connection to see if the videos were still on my camera playback, they appear as usual and I could play them with no error too. Any one facing the same issue, or is able to help with recovering the videos I had filmed? I would love to edit all my videos but they are just stuck in my camera for the longest time. T_T

Message 2 of 4 (6,663 Views)

Re: Sony a5100 Unable to transfer videos to computer

Hi Irenestar92,

Thank you for considering Sony Community!

You can find the videos by navigating through the folders below:

For AVCHD video:

1. Click the PRIVATE folder.
  2. Click the AVCHD folder.
  3. Click the BDMV folder.
  4. Clock the STREAM folder.

For Standard Definition (SD) video:

1. Click the MP_ROOT folder.
  2. Click the 101PNV01 folder.

You can also use the PlayMemories Home software to transfer files from your camera to a computer.

For further assistance, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region at Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Message 3 of 4 (682 Views)

Hey! I would like to ask you, I tried to go into files how you said, on the computer and I found my video in AVCHD but that is not even folder but Quick Time Player which opens my videos like clips. I can not transform them into my computer. Even I tried to transform videos from my camera to phone trough application, only pictures transformed not videos. What I can do? Is some other way how to get them from camera to computer, or change settings in my camera? Thanks

Message 4 of 4 (624 Views)

Except for MPEGs, Sony records and stores HD videos in multiple files in the folder structure similar to what you'd find on a Blu-ray disk. There isn't one file you can click on in order to play an HD (or better) video you recorded with a Sony camera. You need to use Sony's PlayMemories Home to transfer your HD videos to a computer,

¹ The Lens is the Thing
² 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook