Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 13 (28,501 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sony a6000 won't connect to my wifi

So I just bought the a6000 and I wanted to download the "direct upload" app from Play memories camera app.

Well, I connect to my wifi, put in my password and when its connecting to the PlayMemories Camera app it shows me an error message that says

Could not connect to the server. Set the correct Area/Date/Time and verify the "Network Settings".

I tried changing the date and time but it keeps giving me that error and I do not know how to fix it.

Anyone else have this problem? any suggestions?

Thanks

Rookie
Message 2 of 13 (28,307 Views)

Re: Sony a6000 won't connect to my wifi

Same problem here. Any help?
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 13 (28,304 Views)

Have you downloaded any Wifi driver? If no, try download a driver first. If you cannot find driver from Sony website, you can try download driver through device manager.
Step 1. Click Start, then right-click "My Computer" (or "Computer") and click "Manage".

Step 2. In the Computer Management window, on the left, click "Device Manager".

Step 3. Click the "+" sign in front of Mouse and other pointing devices.

Step 4. Right-click the device listed below Mouse and other pointing devices and select Uninstall.

Step 5. Click OK to confirm removal of the device.

Step 6. Restart the system. Windows will detect and automatically install the driver.

If it still not help, you can use this drivers download utility to download drivers automatically. With it, I have downloaded and updated many drivers. http://tiny.cc/3cwerx. Hope it can also work for you. Download and install it, then it will automatically scan for your system and recommend suitable drivers for you. You can download or update whichever driver you need.

Message 4 of 13 (28,282 Views)

Hi drattar,

Welcome to the Sony Communiyt!

When you say you have the same problem, are you trying to connect the camera to your computer wirelessly or downloading an app for it.

If you are trying to connect the camera wirelessly to a PC or Mac, please install the necessary software to set the computer as the Import device. Kindly click on this link for software downloads. 

If your getting an issue with the app, please check the compatibility of the app with the camera. Please visit this site for all Playmemories Camera Apps. And also check the date setting of your camera before download.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution". Thanks_Mitch

Rookie
Message 5 of 13 (28,020 Views)

I am having the same trouble. A6000 won't take the password of my wifi.  I have manually entered everything under the sun including resetting the camera and trying everything all over again.  It's very frustrating

OL

Rookie
Message 6 of 13 (28,018 Views)

Did you ever get it to work?  I am having similar problems.

Message 7 of 13 (27,992 Views)

Hi bt10ant,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

The password entry is case sensitive, so please make sure that you enter the password correctly. If it still does not recognize the password please reset the Network Settings of the camera. To do so. please press MENU → (Wireless) → [Reset Network Set.] → [OK]. This will erase previously entered network and wireless settings. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution". Thanks_Mitch

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 13 (27,938 Views)

Hello How to connect to a network using WIFI?

I want to upload photo's to my Windows7 computer

I get my a6000 Registered to the right SSID:"myssid"

But i don't see my a6000 connected in my router "connection status overview"

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 13 (27,922 Views)

Rookie
Message 10 of 13 (25,963 Views)

I had the same issue with my A6000. Turns out I was using the Playmemories App and not Playmemories Mobile App.  Now working fine.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook