Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Alpha NEX Cameras

Tuning Up
rhware
Accepted Solution

What does "camera error" mean?

Every time I start up my NEX-5N, it just says "Camera Error". Nothing preceded this error. I can't see anything wrong. Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ErikV

Re: What does "camera error" mean?

[ Edited ]

Hi rhware,

Try the steps mentioned on the below page to resolve the issue.

CAMERA ERROR or SYSTEM ERROR shows on the LCD screen.

If the message appears frequently, service may be required. You can initiate service request from:

https://eservice.sony.com/webrma/web/index.do

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accepted Solution".

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
seltenfotog

What does "camera error" mean?  It means get out your phone and dial the Sony warranty department.  It happened to me too, and that's what I ultimately ended up doing.  

Hopefully yours is still under warranty.   ****** if its not but at least you can say you got some use out of it.  In my opionion you should NEVER have to send anything back under the warranty time period.  It proves manufacturer incompetence.  But yes it happens.

Icing on the cake for that extra sweet touch?  Sony will not pay for return shipping.  If you want them to repair thier defective camera....you got to foot the bill.    Kinda feels like a  "kick em while there down" move.  Thanks Sony : ). 

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
seltenfotog

I have to add to my frustrated initial comment. Sony warranty took care of my camera in an efficient manner. My camera left my house (at my expense) and returned in just under 2 weeks!! I was impressed by the quick turn around time. Sony also offered to give me a comparable loaner camera and I received the loaner almost the next day!! I never lost a job/shoot so I completely forgot about the shipping cost issue. As a total experience Sony handled their product issue very well.
Please use plain text.