Welcome to the Community!

Alpha NEX Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (358 Views)

a6000 extra fine jpg unlock

I've been working with an a7 for many years, and a few weeks ago i decided to buy an a6000 just to have a smaller solution.

before i move from canon to sony i always used RAW+JPEG, but the JPEG from RAW+JPEG of Sony a7 is so hideous that i never used RAW again and moved to JPEG Extra Fine because most of the time i only end up publishing the JPEG.

So, by now I'm ok with the Extra Fine JPEG, and I'm enjoying very much the a6000, the problem is that I'm only interested in JPEG now and I just noticed that the Fine JPEG that I get from a6000 is absolutely useless, it looks like the hideous JPEG I get on RAW+JPEG on a7.

I'm sure that a6000 is great and perfect for my needs, but somehow looks like there's some bug on the firmware and I only have 2 useless JPEG modes: standard and fine.

I need some help finding a way to unlock Extra Fine mode on a6000 or finding a decent firmware.

The firmware on my a6000 is v. 3.20. This is an old camera, so, this bug must have been already fixed. Is there a newer firmware with this problem fixed?

I'd really love to be able to use this camera.

Highlighted
Professional
Message 2 of 2 (339 Views)

Re: a6000 extra fine jpg unlock

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you, but the A6000 doesn't do Extra Fine. You need the A6300 or A6500 for that.

¹ The Lens is the Thing
² 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook