Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 29 (3,020 Views)

a6300 - Picture Profile using remote app

Hi, 

Am I right in thinking that I cannot use a picture profile whilst recording video using the remote app?

Can this be requested as a firmware upgrade please!

Professional
Message 2 of 29 (3,004 Views)

Re: a6300 - Picture Profile using remote app

Tested and confirmed (A6300).

There's NO PP in remote.

Seems like this is a sloppy programming oversight / omission since 'CreativeStyle' and 'PictureEffect' menu items are still present in the App Menu (on the camera).

And Yes, please 'open up' the remote app to control ALL camera menus ('ExpertMode' perhaps if you like)

Rookie
Message 3 of 29 (2,975 Views)

Will this be corrected?  I need to use the remote app as the screen isn't viewable from the front of the camera but also need to use a picture profile.

Thanks

Message 4 of 29 (2,952 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi itsjustrobbieok,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

Thank you for the feedback. We will definitely inform our engineering group regarding your suggestions. If you have other feedback or recommendation in improving the product, please post them Join the Inspiration page

For further assistance regarding your concern, We kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Best regards,

Zander

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 29 (2,818 Views)

I really wish I could use PIcture Profiles in the Remote and TimeLapse apps too! Please Sony update the apps to include controls for PP.

In the mean time, for those who want to shoot "sLog-ish" with the remote app, I suggest using the "Portrait" Creative Style with everything dialed down (-3, -3, -3), turning on DRO to Level 5 and lowering your ISO by about 3 stops compared to what you would be shooting at with sLog2.

But man it's so annoying not having sLog with an otherwise pretty cool Wifi remote!

--X

Message 6 of 29 (2,782 Views)

Hi xbourque,

This is noted. Thanks for sharing your ideas. If you have other feedback, feel free to share them at the Join the Inspiration page

Best regards,

Zander

Rookie
Message 7 of 29 (2,199 Views)

Can I just second that yes, PLEASE enable using picture profiles on the Remote Camera App. This would be immensely useful and I don't see why this shouldn't be possible.

Same with RAW shooting in stills mode in the app, which is already possible. We need the same flexibility when recording video through the app.

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 29 (2,029 Views)

Well it's 2017 already and seems like this hasn't been fixed. Any news?
Professional
Message 9 of 29 (2,018 Views)

Yeah, that's not ideal to say the least. I wonder if this is also the case with A6500? Could anyone please test this?
Rookie
Message 10 of 29 (1,899 Views)

same thing with A6500, just tested. It really should take the picture profile into consideration.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook