Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Alpha NEX Cameras

Groovin'
valentin

playmemories apps

In just bought a Sony NEX 5R and I installed all apps available in Play memories app store.
After one usage of each app (last being Smart Remote Control) all apps but Multi Frame NR and Picture Effect+ are not working anymore.
For example, if I open Bracket Pro, the screen turns off for a second and then I get the live view without any icon on the screen. After that, the camera doesn't receive any input (if I press any button, nothing happens). Even if I turn the camera off, the live screen remains on. I have to wait a moment to use the camera again. After one minute the camera restarts itself.
Looks like then other 4 apps are bogus.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ColbyP

Re: playmemories apps

Hello valentin.

You can try installing the apps again and ensure that there is sufficient internal memory in the Camera.

Also, contact the apps manufacturer to check for any updates.

Regards,

ColbyP

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
valentin

Hi ColbyP,

There is more than enough memory to hold all currently available apps. I have 75 MB (out of 87MB in total) of free internal memory after installing all apps.
I reinstalled all of them but they only work once. After one usage they stop working. It's not convenient to reinstall an app every time I want to use it. Moreover, payed apps can be installed only 10 times.
I checked PlayMemories store for updates, but I didn't see any changes by now. I think all 6 apps are developed by Sony.

Thanks,
Valentin.
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Sercher

[ Edited ]

Dear moderator,

I have the same problem as Valentin with apps downloaded from PlayMemories Online.  I am using a NEX-6.  Most downloadable apps will cause the camera to freeze unless you are in the P-mode, and today I discovered that the Photo Retouch app freezes the camera regardless of mode. Please suggest fixes other than reinstalling the apps.Thank you. Sergei

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
jpckrng

I have the same problem. But even reinstalling Cinematic photo and setting in P-mode doesn't work. Anyone find a solution?
Please use plain text.