Welcome to the Community!

Alpha - SLT & DSLR Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (621 Views)

6500 api for transfer file

In Sony a6500 camera, is it possible to transfer a video while I'm connecting to its wi-fi?

If I'm connecting the USB, the wi-fi is disabled.

When connecting to the camera wi-fi, and looking at http://192.168.122.1:61000/scalarwebapi_dd.xml , i see guide, accessControl and camera service types, but not avContent.

In the docs(camera remote api from feb 2017) it seems that it should be supported from the api.

Thanks

Message 2 of 4 (561 Views)

Re: 6500 api for transfer file

Hi Zvika,

You can transfer still images/videos wirelessly to a smartphone or a computer.

Send to smartphone:

You can transfer still images/movies to a smartphone and view them. The application PlayMemories Mobile must be installed on your smartphone.

transfer to sp.jpg

Send to computer:

You can transfer images stored in the product to a computer connected to a wireless access point or wireless broadband router and easily make backup copies using this operation. Before starting this operation, install PlayMemories Home on your computer and register the access point on the product.

transfer to pc.jpg

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Regards,

-Anthony

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (535 Views)

Thanks Anthony,

I want to download a movie using the API from the camera to my computer that is connected to the camera wi-fi.

After updating the firmware on the camera, I'm now able to see the /avContent path of the API.
I'm calling start_rec_mode, set_camera_function(to Contents Transfer) and then get_content_list.
I see URLs for images and videos.

It is possbile to download images, and also video thumbnail, but I'm getting error 500 when trying to download a video....

What do i miss? Where can i see more info about that?  Is it supported?

Thanks,

Zvika

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4 (506 Views)

I am able to download just the mp4 movies but not the xavcs movies.
I need to download my high resolution movies with 100fps.

Is it possible using a call from a computer(while connected to the camera hotspot)?

I have sony ilce-6500

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook