Alpha - SLT & DSLR Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (340 Views)

A58 Shutter button not working

Hi,

When I press the shutter button on my SLT A58, it focuses correctly but does not capture the picture. The video button works fine. I have tried resetting the camera and cleaning the shutter button with alcohol but the problem is still there. Can you please suggest anything else I can do to fix this? If the button is defective, where can I buy a replacement button which I could fix myself?

Thanks

Professional
Message 2 of 4 (327 Views)

Re: A58 Shutter button not working

If the focus indicator in the viewfinder (or on hte LCD Monitor) is flashing, the camera hasn't locked on focus, and by default, the camera will not open the shutter to capture an image.

Since you say the camera focuses correctly, I presume the focus indicator is not blinking. Is that true?

¹ The Lens is the Thing
² 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (321 Views)

That's correct. I even hear the familiar double beep to indicate that it has focussed.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4 (266 Views)

Hi anyone have an idea? Would really appreciate some suggestions on getting this fixed as I want to have a camera to capture key moments from the birth of my child next month! Thanks!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook