Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 3 (365 Views)
Accepted Solution

Alpha 7 batteries

Hi I saw this video - https://youtu.be/4ezKmawMEUs
From your official YouTube page, in minute 2:40 he says that Sony mirror less cameras bring 2 batteries, so I want to know if that is true and if I buy my alpha 7 will bring 2 batteries?
Professional
Message 2 of 3 (354 Views)

Re: Alpha 7 batteries

[ Edited ]

Some do, and some don't.

The A7S, A7R II and A7S II come with two batteries, while the A7, A7R, A7 II and A9 only come with one.

¹ The Lens is the Thing
² 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
Professional
Message 3 of 3 (326 Views)

Re: Alpha 7 batteries

The battery for the A7 series was originally developed for the original NEX APS-C mirrorless cameras. The 'Full Frame' A7 series cameras draw a lot more current, so that battery didn't last as long. To compensate for that (somewhat), Sony includes 2 batteries with the A7R II and A7S II.

The new A9 uses a new battery that is more than twice as powerful as the battery that the other E-Mount bodies use, and is even more powerful than the battery most A-Mount cameras use.

¹ The Lens is the Thing
² 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook