Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (618 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can't import RAW images

[ Edited ]

This is a new problem with same devices and software: Sony a7rii RAW files can be seen within the camera. All images were taken today about 1:00-3:30.  The only thing I found that was wrong with the images in camera was the capture time. It said today's date but a.m. instead of p.m.

My usual method is to insert my camera card into the reader on my MacBook Pro and import the new photos into Lightroom. A few video clips, also taken today were recognized but none of the new shots. I tried putting the card back into the camera and tethered it -- same problem, plus additional with apparent poor connection. We tried using my husband's Mac Retina 5k 27 inch, and had the same result. The card still shows that the pictures are there!  

Added 1/13/17, 6:30 a.m.  Tried again this morning. The card wasn't recognized at all on my MacBook Pro. I used the same card in an older Mac and imported all photos and videos using Photos on Mac. I can't get the RAW images in Photos. Any ideas?

Professional
Message 2 of 4 (598 Views)

Re: Can't import RAW images

patbirdsell wrote:

This is a new problem with same devices and software: Sony a7rii RAW files can be seen within the camera. All images were taken today about 1:00-3:30.  The only thing I found that was wrong with the images in camera was the capture time. It said today's date but a.m. instead of p.m.

It sounds like the AM/PM setting is wrong in your camera. Check the camera's date and time settings.

Go to the Setup (Toolbox icon) menu, and select Date/Time Setup to view and change the date and time.

https://docs.sony.com/release//Manual_4576983111.pdf#page=63

patbirdsell wrote:

My usual method is to insert my camera card into the reader on my MacBook Pro and import the new photos into Lightroom. A few video clips, also taken today were recognized but none of the new shots. I tried putting the card back into the camera and tethered it -- same problem, plus additional with apparent poor connection. We tried using my husband's Mac Retina 5k 27 inch, and had the same result. The card still shows that the pictures are there!  

Added 1/13/17, 6:30 a.m.  Tried again this morning. The card wasn't recognized at all on my MacBook Pro. I used the same card in an older Mac and imported all photos and videos using Photos on Mac. I can't get the RAW images in Photos. Any ideas?

Can you see the photos when opening the card in the Finder's desktop?

¹ The Lens is the Thing
² 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (575 Views)

Thank you for helping.  I've given up on the images I couldn't import to LR.  I did change the time of day to the correct time, and subsequent photos loaded from a new card.  Re: Can you see the photos when opening the card in the Finder's desktop -- the answer is yes.  I could also so them in camera. I'm going to reformat the card to see if I can still use it now that the date in camera is correct.

Professional
Message 4 of 4 (572 Views)

Your situation has nothing to do with the format of the card, so reformatting it won't change anything, though reformatting a card is a good idea once in a while.

As for not being able to import images into Lightroom, if you can see all the images on the card on the desktop, then it's Lightroom's problem. I suspect there's a setting in LR that has it only lists image that it hasn't already imported, which is why you're not seeing all of them.

¹ The Lens is the Thing
² 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook