Alpha - SLT & DSLR Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 19 (6,123 Views)

Can't purchase Play memories app

I tried purchse Time-lapse app from camera and website but it keep say 'Internal error has occurred'.

I tried 4 days.

Model: a7r II

Local: New Zealand

Rookie
Message 2 of 19 (6,099 Views)

Re: Can't purchase Play memories app

I have the same problem with my new Sony A7ii. After I try to complete the purchase of paid apps, it reads internal error and won't continue. This happens via computer and via wifi on the camera itself.

Message 3 of 19 (6,081 Views)

Hi all,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with purchasing PlayMemories Camera apps. We recommend contacting the PlayStation team for assistance with this issue. The PlayStation Network team is better equipped to answer your questions about payment concerns. You can reach them at https://support.us.playstation.com. I hope this helps.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution". Thanks_Mitch

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 19 (6,045 Views)

Same here with the Sony A6000. I've tried to contact Sony through the website you linked, but everything there is about Playstation, I couldn't find the Contact link.

Come on, you sell little things that should come for free and even after we users agree to pay them you can't make the sell?

Rookie
Message 5 of 19 (6,042 Views)

[ Edited ]
The issue isn't resolved, but the best successful work around is to buy Playstation gift card credits, which you can buy instantly from Amazon and elsewhere. When you load the credits to your account online, you can then make a purchase and bypass the glitch. The frustrating part is just that you will inevitably have a few dollars leftover instead of paying for the exact amount of aps.
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 19 (4,436 Views)

It's a issue with the Sony Payment system. I am also having this issue. Any of the camera Apps that are free download just fine.

Any of the Apps that require payment fail with the Internal Error message. Very hard to find any new about this. The Play Station support site is totaly useless. On my login to Play Memories it says that the Souny network account is down but the play station side says it's up. Very annoying. Will continue to trouble shoot this.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 19 (4,434 Views)

Maybe a nice way to contact support online for the Photo community would be nice.
Message 8 of 19 (4,370 Views)

Hi Biker_eh,

Welcome to Sony's Community Site

We’re sorry to hear about this problem that you’re having. I sent you a PM ( private message ), please check out your community inbox.

Regards,

Dave

Rookie
Message 9 of 19 (4,320 Views)

I can't thank "dmflippin" enough for this post. I've been attempting to solve this problem for months and this finally works. It is ridiculous that this is the only way the timelapse app can be purchased but at least I can use it now. Go get a $10 playstation gift card code on Amazon and redeem it on your sony account. Then when you go to purchase the timelapse app it uses that money and successfully downloads the application.

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 19 (4,309 Views)

This method to get a digital download works state side but doesn't work Canada side. Would likely need to buy a actual gift card. I am going to contact Sony this week and get this sorted out. we all know it's a payment issue with the site. And the fact that all the camera software is thrown under the umbrella of the game console support is fine but Sony needs to add a drop down from r our devices so support can help more effectively.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook