Alpha - SLT & DSLR Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 19 (2,832 Views)

Re: Can't purchase Play memories app

The problem is still there.

Please stop trying to support one customer at a time and provide a solution.

Thanks.

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 19 (2,832 Views)

[ Edited ]

Just wasted $10 buying a PSN code. It still doesn't work.

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 19 (2,807 Views)

Hi - did you resolve this? I am in Canada and have the same problem.

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 19 (2,794 Views)

This issue has obviously been ongoing since at least June, will it ever be fixed? I tried multiple ways this evening to purchase 2 different apps and was unsuccessful. Sony certainly knows how to take out money in camera stores, you'd think they'd want it online too.
Rookie
Message 15 of 19 (2,761 Views)

I am having the same problem. When I try to purchase the time-lapse app, "An internal Error occurred" This is probably the most annoying app store.

Sony should either have the time lapse feature built in rather than charging $10 on top of the $3000+ camera or atleast have an app store that works. 

Apprentice
Message 16 of 19 (2,752 Views)

@csbalekar890: I fully agree. But I must disappoint you: when I finally got my hands on that timelapse app, I discovered that it cannot shoot more than 990 frames per shoot. That translates to just 33s at 30fps or 16s at 60fps, so forget about long multi-minute timelapse videos.
Rookie
Message 17 of 19 (2,691 Views)

The only solution I have found that works (in New Zealand) is to buy a 'Playstation Store' gift card for local supermarket or gaming shop and use the code to top up your sony wallet. DO NOT buy online gift cards as these are regionally based. I bought off Amazon - Don't work in New Zealand.

Rookie
Message 18 of 19 (1,413 Views)

I have spent three hours trying to get the time lapse camera paid for. I regret ever purchasing anything Sony.  Every single task that I have tried to complete with Sony's hopeless IT has led me to dispair.  I purchased an American camera. I have an American credit Card. I'm using an American IP address to try to purchase the app here in Kenya and it only gives me an internal error. 

The help provided here is only to go contact playstation Asia.  I hope that anyone thinking about purchasing this camera for time lapse will reconsider and try to find a solution with another company because Sony has only left many customers like me hanging with no answers. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 19 of 19 (1,246 Views)

I am having this exact same problem. You mean to tell me that this has been a problem since 2016 and Sony hasn't bothered to fix it yet!? Has anyone found an effective way to actually get the thing I'm trying to pay for to download onto the thing I've already paid lots of money for!?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook