Alpha - SLT & DSLR Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (141 Views)

Focus Issue A7 with Zeiss 24-70 lense

HELP!

I have recently purchased a new A7 body and Zeiss 24-70 lense, after volunteering to take photo's at our companies annual conference last week, I was excited to try out the camera having received the lense just the day before, checking a few early test shots on the day on the cameras rear screen it all looked promising, so I happily snapped away for the rest of the day mainly in auto mode. To my horror when I downloaded the images to my laptop the majority of the images had massive focusing issues, even to the point of two people standing side by side, one would be pin sharp and the other out of focus!

A few days after the conference we holidayed in Cornwall, the results even outdoors in half decent lighting conditions still aren't very brilliant at all, in fact I would go as far as to say my five year old RX100 produces as good an image and doen't have the focus issues I am currently experiencing.

Having seen images online shot with the same kit, I really was hoping to produce some stunning images as I have purchased it for a trip to Asia in a few months time.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance for any help or advice.

Professional
Message 2 of 3 (129 Views)

Re: Focus Issue A7 with Zeiss 24-70 lense

Do you have the same problem with other lenses?

If when two people are standing next to one another, one is sharp and the other is not, that sounds like a problem with the optics.

If that's your only lens, I suggest that you visit your nearest brick-and-mortar Sony camera dealer, and see if they can help. Otherwise, you may need to send the lens and the camera in for service.

See http://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email?cat=digital-cameras-interchangeable-lens-came...

¹ The Lens is the Thing
² 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (94 Views)

Re: Focus Issue A7 with Zeiss 24-70 lense

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your advice TCav,

It is very much appreciated, I haven't purchased any other lenses for it as yet, so I will pay our local Sony camera dealers a visit to see if they can help before going down the service route, especially as both camera and lense are only a week or two old.

Thanks again for your help.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook