Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Alpha - SLT & DSLR Cameras

Tuning Up
marti241

Getting a "camera error" error message on a Sony A65 SLT? appears after just a few shots.Meaning?

As of this week,my A65 now takes significantly longer to start up, I dont get the typical lens adjustments at startup or on shutdown, and I get a "Camera Error" error message (hows that for a non-descript error message?) at which point it locks up and is non-responsive.  I've tried the usal things like removing the battery and reinitializing the settings to no avail. Any other ideas on troubleshooting, or how to find an error log in the camera somewere?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Re: Getting a "camera error" error message on a Sony A65 SLT? appears after just a few sh

Hello Chris,

Welcome to the Sony community forums.  Does the error occur on all lenses?  have you had the lens contacts professionaly cleaned?  if you have had your A65 body cleaned  and it happens regardless of what lens is attached, and youve reset your camera, then it sounds like a service issue.  please contact support for repair options to your SLT-A65V

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-contacts.pl?mdltype_id=76

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
jdcagl

Re: Getting a "camera error" error message on a Sony A65 SLT? appears after just a few sh

probably a circuit board. LOTS of A65's experience this.  Looking for a repair myself right now.  I've HEARD that once you get a new circuit board it doesn't happen again.  Mine won't even power on now.  It overheats, you get the "camera error" and then it shuts down.  After a while, it won't power on like mine, that's when the board has completely died.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Tiler02

I am having the same problem. I have 3 Sony a series Cameras. I have an a-33, an a-55, and an a-77. My A-55 with about 5500 shutter actuations did this and locked down. I ended up having to send it back to Sony. They changed the shutter and sensor board according to the repair paper work. It was a several hundred dollar repair. Now my a-33 at 12000 shutter actuations is doing the same thing and completely locked up. This morning, I picked up my A-77 and started to take a photo and it did the same thing. It has about 10000 shutter actuations. At this point, I am very un-happy with my Sony cameras. I think this is a very common problem with the Sony cameras since two of mine have completly quit from this and looks like a third is about to do the same thing. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.