Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Alpha - SLT & DSLR Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 21 (1,038 Views)

Re: Issues with shutter speed dial on A7II ????

Hi,

I may have a similar thing with my A7rii.

Twice, doing a 'holy grail' lapse, the shutter dial (just under the exposure compensation dial) wouldn't change the shutter speed.

I am shooting in manual mode, intervalometer attached through the micro USB port (time-lapse app is useless). Jsut updated to firmware 3.2.

To use this, a couple of gripes with the camera, mainly just some software issues.

1). Why can't I shoot s-log in silent shooting mode?

2). The remote app is great, but why can't it also shoot in the s-log? Also, when using it, I can't use the custom buttons I have set up, why not?

Thanks,

Rookie
Message 12 of 21 (851 Views)

I'm having an odd variation on the rear dial problem while shooting some exposure brackets with the camera on a tripod. If I take a shot and then turn the rear dial to go to the next shutter speed in the bracket, I suddenly see playback of the first image on the memory card. This seems to happen when I adjust the dial before the camera has finished writing the file to the card.

I used an A7R in this way many times and never had an issue. Is this a known bug? Is there a fix for it?

Message 13 of 21 (822 Views)

Hi stephenrobeck,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

I suggest disabling the Auto Review setting of the camera. Go to Menu, Custom Settings and turn the Auto Review off. The Auto Review plays back the images taken by the camera at a certain time setting, i.e. 2 sec. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution". Thanks_Mitch

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 21 (815 Views)

I haven't recieved a reply, and why does it take so long for one too? Am I in the wrong forum for sony camera issues? Should I go back to where I purchased it from?

Seriously, it takes a great picture, but it's like giving a formulae one racer an automatic gear box.

Please focus on things that one wants to do with a camera as opposed to novel features to attract people who want to use iinstagram or such. If I'm wrong, please direct me to a DSLR that shoots a great image for time-lapse, and a low end corporate 4K video.

Thanks

Rookie
Message 15 of 21 (810 Views)

Yes, I already figured this out. Camera is fine, thanks.

Where do I "accept as solution"?

Rookie
Message 16 of 21 (426 Views)

Yes I have this exact issue!
Rookie
Message 17 of 21 (423 Views)

The issue with the shutter button and the dial explained by Red dock above. I am having the exact issue. What is the fix? I tried resetting and it put the shutter speed at 250, but would only change it by 1 stop. I can use auto and scenic modes and it adjusts, but the dial does not work when I use manual. Please let me know.
Rookie
Message 18 of 21 (422 Views)

Redsock , not Red dock
Message 19 of 21 (339 Views)

Hi Rsmith4438,

Please try to perform a manual reset on the camera.

1. Remove the battery from the camera.
    2. Set the power switch to ON.
    3. Press and hold the shutter button for 30 seconds (without the battery).
    4. Set the power switch to OFF.
    5. Insert the battery back to the camera.
    6. Set the power switch to ON to see if the camera will turn on.

If the issue still persists, service may be required:

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/service.pl.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Regards,

-Anthony

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 21 (329 Views)

Ironic I got an email about this today, and I'm on a holy grail shoot now, well trying anyway thanks to the A7. It's once again ruined another night of trying to shoot hg lapse.

Before I left, I tried ur reset. Nothing. I don't even think it reset anything as all my settings were in the camera.

Why should I take it in for a service when it's been intermittently doing this the whole time? Will they arrange an interim camera?

This is unexceptionable for a pro camera. I'm away on a job for one, and two, I don't think I should have to come out another night to try again. It's a waste of three hours and clients (probably come out of my end) money.

Also, why ten months to get a reply. Why don't sony focus on making the simple things work before they make apps and all the unecessary features. I think I'm going back to canon.

Prompt reply would be appreciated.

Thx.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook