Alpha - SLT & DSLR Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 2 (1,848 Views)

My A7R is constantly resetting my settings to factory

My A7R is not saving settings. I am not sure what prompted it to do this but when I shut my camera off the settings that I have had on my camera since I got it, revert back to factor settings. It continues to do this everytime I shut my camera off making me reset the parameters I need everytime I turn it on. I've tried setting it to Initialize, Ive tried a setting reset im not sure what to do next to be honest.

It also resets itself if I let it fall asleep or let it sit for too long with the power on. Running out of options please help!

Professional
Message 2 of 2 (1,840 Views)

Re: My A7R is constantly resetting my settings to factory

In addition to the removeable rechargeable battery, there is an internal battery that maintains settings from one session to the next.

If your settings are being lost, it's likely that the internal battery has failed. It is not a user replaceable item. You may find a brick-and-mortar camera store in your area that can fix it for you, but you may need to contact Sony.

¹ The Lens is the Thing
² 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook