Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Alpha - SLT & DSLR Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (323 Views)

Playmemories update problem - Sony A7ii camera crashed updating Remote Control app

Hi - today I updated the firmware to v 4.0 on my Sony A7ii so that I could download the Time Elapse app which I did successfully and it worked fine. I then saw there was an option to update the already installed Remote Control app which offered 'stability improvements.' When i selected 'update' my camera immediately crashed and went to a black screen. Now when I turn it on I cannot access the menus, the live view screen shows an image briefly then it goes dark. There seems no way to restore factory settings without being able to access the menus. It seems the Sony update has crashed the camera - any ideas what I can do please other than return it for repair?

Thanks

Simon

Highlighted
Message 2 of 2 (251 Views)

Re: Playmemories update problem - Sony A7ii camera crashed updating Remote Control app

Hi, SimonW,

Thank you for visiting Sony Community!

For further assistance, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Website for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook