Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Alpha - SLT & DSLR Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 5 (274 Views)

Precision Camera.. I dont want to talk to other angry customers, I want to contact people employed by sony

Precision Camera.. I dont want to talk to other angry customers, I want to contact people employed by sony

For the time it has taken.. I could have had an auto towed from one coast to another, completley repaired and towed back

If Sony is going to use these people, they should tell potential customers it can take weeks.. months

I could have driven 30 miles away and got it done in 2 days

To continue to have it repaired they doubled the price of their web pricing
How did they know it would cost that much more unless they had the camera apart and if they had it apart, why not fix it then?

Our news station often investgates shady business places.. they have things tested so there is nothing wrong with it than submit it to businesses to see if they will rip people off.

Reading through all these complaints, Sony is aware of the business ethics of this company... people send it to precision because they are endorsed by Sony... 

Professional
Message 2 of 5 (237 Views)

Re: Precision Camera.. I dont want to talk to other angry customers, I want to contact people employed by sony

[ Edited ]

KookieMonster wrote:

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-contacts.pl?mdltype_id=7

KookieMonster wrote:

To continue to have it repaired they doubled the price of their web pricing
How did they know it would cost that much more unless they had the camera apart and if they had it apart, why not fix it then? 

The price they quote on their website is simply the avarage price, in their experience, that they charge to repair the make and model you selected. Some times, it'll cost less, but sometimes it'll cost more. They don't know how much it will actually cost until they've diagnosed the camera.

Another thing that could cause the repair cost to go up is that they are required by Sony to return the camera to "as new" condition, so if the camera shows wear, they must replace the worn parts, even if the wear is only cosmetic.

And, btw, Precision Camera performs warranty repairs for ALL still and video camera manufacturers, not just Sony.

¹ The Lens is the Thing
² 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 5 (113 Views)

Re: Precision Camera.. I dont want to talk to other angry customers, I want to contact people employed by sony

Apprentice
Message 4 of 5 (84 Views)

I, too, have had issues with Precision Camera, yet Sony continues to use this repair facility.
There are other repair facilities out there that do a much better job, at a much more reasonable price.
I will NEVER use Precision Camera again.
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 5 (47 Views)

I agree with the poor service associated with Precision Camera and will likely influence my deicision with next camera purchase not to be Sony! Which is unfortunate, as I love Sony cameras but too there is much risk associated with their chosen service provider. 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook