Welcome to the Community!

Alpha - SLT & DSLR Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 16 (2,850 Views)

SONY A9 has no Picture Profile, LUTs, SLOG2, SLOG3 like A7rII. Is a FIRMWARE UPGRADE in the works.

[ Edited ]

SONY A9 needs picture profiles, LUTS, SLOG2, SLOG 3 why are those important video features gone SONY? Does anyone know if this is coming in firmware. Need Picture Profiles on the A9  to match color space with our other Sony video cameras like the A7rII, FS5 and F55?? Very imoportant to have this capability on such an expensive camera,

Message 2 of 16 (2,672 Views)

Re: SONY A9 has no Picture Profile, LUTs, SLOG2, SLOG3 like A7rII. Is a FIRMWARE UPGRADE in the works.

Hi onthewave,

I sent you a private message. Kindly check your inbox.

Best regards,

Mark

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 16 (2,648 Views)

Re: SONY A9 has no Picture Profile, LUTs, SLOG2, SLOG3 like A7rII. Is a FIRMWARE UPGRADE in the works.

Hi,
Sorry if I boder you but I had the same question,
I own a Sony a9 and with viseo is not easy to match with the 7s2 that has s-log... there some information about when new firmware will come?
Expert
Message 4 of 16 (2,487 Views)

[ Edited ]

UPDATE PICTURE STYLE: S-LOG may be on the near horizon !
According to B&H Photovideos QA forum, Anthony from Sony responded that while it will not have Pro Res 422 support they will be adding LOG in a future firmware upgrade. So the good news is that the camera does have the electronics to support this feature! So I for one will be awaiting anxiously !

Message 5 of 16 (2,401 Views)

Hi Onthewave,

This is still not yet confirmed and we still have no information yet about it. We'll keep you posted about S-LOG once we hear something from the team.

Best regards,

Mark

Expert
Message 6 of 16 (2,398 Views)

Oh nuts was hoping that comment from BH forum was true. OK I'll be standing by.

Thanks,

Harry

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 16 (1,666 Views)

Moved from Nikon to sony A9, just realized it's doesnt have SLOG. I will wait till next firmware update.. If Sony not going to support, I need to sell A9..
Expert
Message 8 of 16 (1,658 Views)

Well I can understand your sentiments. With the A7riii on the way at 3200.00 and the A9 at 4500 I am hopeful that Sony will not burn it’s A9 early adopters by not adding at least Slog because for 20fps vs 10fps I feel the difference in price is not fair. They may actiLly lower the price closer to the 3200.00 for the A9 to create more parity in their product line. Of course for me that would definitely be a huge disappointment to me. I’m optimistic and hopeful that Sony does the right thing here and upgrades the A9 firmware with better video features...more on par with all the A7 series cameras.
Message 9 of 16 (1,552 Views)

Hi Yashika2,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Due to your location, please contact the nearest Sony office to you. You can find this information at

http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector: AsiaPacific.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
-Jay

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 16 (1,511 Views)

True.. I spend Au$6300, for camers and few g master.. Total over $11000, what ****** move..

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook