Alpha - SLT & DSLR Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 21 of 24 (1,211 Views)

Re: SONY SLT A55 won't turn on

Dear Aoran,

My camera would not open yesterday night 05/03/2017 while I am taking 4th panning photo. Suddenly appear black screen. I think that battery is used up. Therefore I closed my camera and insert an another fully charged battery. Can't open already (i.e. Black screen , no power) . I saw here that you advised to solve the problem step by step i.e manual (hard) reset. I tried to do step by step carefully but my camera is still not open up yet. Please kindly advise to me as soon as possible.

Thank you very much.

Best Regard,
Nay Myo Htet
Rookie
Message 22 of 24 (1,210 Views)

Dear Paulmnhtn,

My camera would not open yesterday night 05/03/2017 while I am taking 4th panning photo. Suddenly appear black screen. I think that battery is used up. Therefore I closed my camera and insert an another fully charged battery. Can't open already (i.e. Black screen , no power) . I saw here that you advised to solve the problem step by step i.e manual (hard) reset. I tried to do step by step carefully but my camera is still not open up yet. Please kindly advise to me as soon as possible.

Thank you very much.

Best Regard,
Nay Myo Htet
Expert
Message 23 of 24 (1,160 Views)

Hi Yiekyentsi,

If you already tried using a fully charged battery and resetting the camera manually but didn't resolve the problem, service may be required.

For further assistance, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region at http://www.sony-asia.com/locale-selector?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Regards,

-Anthony

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 24 of 24 (327 Views)

This has happened to me twice in the last 4 years, with the same SLT55-V camera. I love the product but Sony has it's ways.Don't send the Camera out to service until you try the following first.

It seems like the camera can't get enough power from a older battery and is will shut down with little hope to come back on. So I purchased a couple of generic new batteries from Amazon and my beautiful super over priced camera came back to live with out any issues. This is the battery I recently purchased along with a new charger:

Kastar Fast Charger and NP-FW50 Battery (1X) for Sony BC-VW1 BC-TRW Alpha 7 a7 a7R a3000 a5000 a6000 NEX-3 3N NEX-5 5N 5R 5T NEX-6 NEX-7 NEX-C3 NEX-F3 SLT-A33 A35 A37 A55V Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 .

sold by:KastarUSA

https://www.amazon.com/Kastar-Charger-NP-FW50-Cyber-shot-DSC-RX10/dp/B0169YYSQW

Worked like magic.

Hope this helps others as I've spent numerous hours looking on the internet with out any solutions.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook