Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Alpha - SLT & DSLR Cameras

Occasional Contributor
USER-931126

Sony A35 - HDMI image viewing?

Hi, i recently bought a Sony A35 (SLT-A35). I really like how i can view images (both RAW and JPEG) straight after taking them via HDMI on my TV. It's amazing how clear it is, and comes in handy when i'm choosing pictures to develop. But i have a problem if i put the images on my PC (via USB and Sony's PMB import software) and then eventually put them back on my camera to try and view them again on my TV, they just read "can't display image". This goes for images i have, and have not edited. I am viewing them on a Samsung 46" LED TV (http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN4 ... FXZA-specs) which i purchased a few weeks ago as well.

I could understand if i saved the image in a weird format (i use photoshop), but it won't display any images. I can simply import them from my camera, to my PC, and then leave them COMPLETELY untouched in any way, put them back on my camera via USB, and they won't display on my TV.

Any help or info on what i can do?

I really appreciate the help!!!!
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Re: Sony A35 - HDMI image viewing?

Hello,
Welcome to the User Discussion Forums.
The SLTA35 can output directly to TV

To view images recorded on the camera on a TV set, connect and power on in the following order:

1. Turn off both your camera and the TV, and connect the camera to the TV.
2. Turn on the TV and switch the input.
3. Turn on the camera.

NOTE
Images shot with the camera appear on the TV screen only.
Select the desired image with < / > on the control button.

• The LCD monitor on the camera does not turn on.
• Do not connect the output HDMI connector of the device with the HDMI terminal on the camera. This may cause a malfunction.

More detailed instructions can be found on page 136 of the Instruction Manual http://www.docs.sony.com/release/SLTA35.pdf

The remaining instructions have to do with the input and file format of the Television, some TVs cannot view RAW images, only JPG
Please use plain text.