Alpha - SLT & DSLR Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (540 Views)

Sony A5000 will not charge

I pulled my camera out to use for the first time on a month or so. It came on but the battery icon was completely empty. I plugged it in, went on about my business. Came back later in the day, turned it on and it said "battery exhausted" and shut off. I plugged it back in and noticed the charging light is not on. I tried different outlets, different usb ports, I tried connecting to laptop, taking the battery out and wiping it off, nothing is working! Please help!!
Message 2 of 3 (450 Views)

Re: Sony A5000 will not charge

Hi, Leslee26

Welcome to Sony Community! 

Was there a power interruption the day you charged the unit? Make sure the adapter and micro USB cable are connected properly. Perform a power reset as well to isolate the issue. Remove the battery out and wait for at least a minute before installing back in. Test it again.  

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (423 Views)

Re: Sony A5000 will not charge

There was no power interruption that I am aware of. I did a device reset.. Not sure about power reset? I took the battery out over night and put it back in this morning. I'm using the sony adapter and usb that came with the camera. It is connected properly and I've tried different outlets. When I plug in the camera the charging lamp does not turn on and the camera will not charge.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook