Welcome to the Community!

Alpha - SLT & DSLR Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 8 (2,480 Views)

Sony A6000 Wont Display QR Code

I am attempting to connect my Sony A6000 to the PlayMemories app, however the camera will not display a QR code. Instead, it only shows the SSID, Password and Device Name. I have connected it to wifi (same as my phone) and set up an app. The app wont allow me to manually enter the information, only scan the code, so I am stuck...

Any help is appreciated!

Rookie
Message 2 of 8 (2,410 Views)

Re: Sony A6000 Wont Display QR Code

Same issue here.  There is tiny QR on the bottom of the camera.  My Moto G4+ will not capture it, but does capture other larger codes.  YouTube videos show QR code on camera display.  Suggestion?

Rookie
Message 3 of 8 (2,034 Views)

[ Edited ]

Did you guys ever find a solution?  I have the same problem.

Rookie
Message 4 of 8 (1,728 Views)

Same issue here. My camera can't seem to display a QR Code. I also see a tiny QR code on the bottom of camera body but that's not the code I'm supposed to scan. On the tutorial video, you're supposed to access the code from the 'application list' on the camera menu......but it only displays what sarahhaslie commented above...help please!
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 8 (1,284 Views)

I had the same issue, first I connected through the WiFi setting on my iphone.  That worked, but functionality seemed limited.  Then I went to the Play Memories website (https://www.sony.com/electronics/playmemories) and downloaded the app from there, I followed the instructions of connecting the camera and went though the process, I restarted the camera and when I went to the menu to smart remote control, and the QR code appeared, set up easily after that, and with more functionality, I was able to touch the screen of my iphone to autofocus..  I had bought my camera used this last weekend and I think it had an older version of the remote software and possibly had been connected to another phone.  

Rookie
Message 6 of 8 (446 Views)

Where under menu have smart remote control? I can’t seem to find it. I only find enable smart remote control in the application list. Thanks

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8 (133 Views)

In Applications there is the remote app.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 8 (128 Views)

Did someone managed to solve the not showing of the QR code? I cannot get it on my a7SII ether.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook