Alpha - SLT & DSLR Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 2 (2,268 Views)

Which A7R lens for video?

Hi there,

I am looking for a good video lens to use with my A7R. It would be used mostly for interviews and sometimes exterior panning shots. 

I am currently using the 28-70 kit lens which is ok but not the sharpest for video.

Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Professional
Message 2 of 2 (2,263 Views)

Re: Which A7R lens for video?

RE_Guy wrote:

I am looking for a good video lens to use with my A7R. It would be used mostly for interviews and sometimes exterior panning shots. 

I am currently using the 28-70 kit lens which is ok but not the sharpest for video.

For 4K video, you're recording 9MP frames using a 36MP sensor. If the image isn't sharp, I don't think it's the lens.

If anything, I'd say it might be from the variable aperture of the 28-70, which can change as you zoom.

If the focal length of the 28-70 is ok for your purposes, you might consider the FE 24-70/4.

Try it before you buy it. LensRentals.com has many FE Lenses availabel for rent.

¹ The Lens is the Thing
² 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook