Welcome to the Community!

Alpha - SLT & DSLR Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 2 (1,361 Views)

Will we ever see a firmware update to the Sony A77II?

[ Edited ]

Sony, I'm quite certain that you're learning things everyday with the amount of new cameras you're cranking out. How about sharing some of that increased capability with your already loyal customers?

Shortly after the release of the A77II you came out with a firmware update that "focused" on increased autofocus speed and capability. I sincerely appreciate the increased function. Since then, we've heard nothing but crickets. Is it that you can't improve these cameras with firmware updates, or that you WON'T update them? I would hope that isn't the last firmware update we'll ever see for that camera body.

After all, it took you a few short days to pacify the A7 bunch over their RAW file issues. How about helping the A77II users?

An effort towards continuous, occasional firmware updates would solidify a commitment to your customers, and increase feedback towards the product (if you'll actually accept the feedback). I've seen Sony say more than once that you're listening to your customers. Can you hear me now?

Expert
Message 2 of 2 (1,283 Views)

Re: Will we ever see a firmware update to the Sony A77II?

Hi Remodelman,

Sony takes into consideration all feedbacks to improve the performance and quality of our products and services. We're always looking to make Sony better. We'll definitely forward this concern to the proper department.

You can also post your suggestions and ideas at the Join the Inspiration page. 

We appreciate your time sharing this feedback.

Regards,

-Anthony

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook