Welcome to the Community!

Alpha - SLT & DSLR Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 11 of 37 (3,238 Views)

Re: a6000 doesn't recognize lens that came with camera

Hey deanbrady, so do you think the issue is with your camera lenses or the body? To update you on my situation, I've received no further help from Sony. I tried contacting Sony through various social media platforms only for them to shrug it off and point me in the direction of technical support / the customer service line. If you look at the Sony moderator response to my detailed request on this very forum, you'll see the level of help.

http://community.sony.com/t5/Alpha-SLT-DSLR-Cameras/A6300-Doesn-t-Recognise-Lens-That-Came-With-Came...

I'm basically being told that I'll need to foot the bill for whatever "repairs" are required for my brand new camera and to contact a local team (who obviously will only tell me to go back to the UK team).

In fact I'll copy and paste some of my email exchange with Sony Customer service a little later just so everyone can see how little interest the staff take in queries like ours. Just had a look through the forum for any other a6300 related questions and it seems there is an issue with the 4K recording too - major disappointment.

Apprentice
Message 12 of 37 (3,238 Views)

Zander, I already have a response from the local office (as you know from my previous post). My product is clearly well within the warranty period but you are not providing a helpful response with regards to how I will be able to get this camera repaired or replaced in my current location without having to pay almost 50% of the camera cost to do this. Could you please give me the contact number, email address or phyiscal address for a dedicated Sony complaints service?

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 37 (3,215 Views)

No idea. The 1.8 prime works fine - for now. I think it is a lens issue but who knows. I'm going to contact the service center and send the stuff in. If it is too expensive, I'll just ditch the whole setup and go buy a new Fuji.
Message 14 of 37 (3,204 Views)

Hi mitalmig,

The warranty of the camera is one year parts and labor from the country where you purchased it. If the unit will be repaired outside UK, yes there will be a charge because it will be treated as out of warranty repair. We do not have International warranty in our cameras. 

I forwarded the feedback to the proper department. 

Best regards,

Zander

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 37 (3,193 Views)

Any issues since?
Apprentice
Message 16 of 37 (3,183 Views)

Thanks Zander. Can you confirm then that the "tourist warranty" that the Sony customer support staff quoted does not exist? I ask for you to put this in writing because I've received inconsistent feedback pretty much everytime I call customer support. Secondly, if it is limited to the country I have purchased the camera in, why is it called an EU warranty? Please answer my question regarding the complaints service contact number or a head office address that I can write to. It's been quite a while since I've been liaising with Sony customer service with no resolution - if you are unable to provide this please point me in the direction of someone who can.

Apprentice
Message 17 of 37 (3,180 Views)

None aside from the lack of help from Sony - the issue with the lens remains. I'm unsure why the support staff are shying away from giving me an actual complaints contact - I feel they'd be better able to address my issue. I've never used Fuji before, would you recommend their products? 

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 37 (3,174 Views)

My buddy shoots with a couple different models and gets amazing results. http://fujifilm-x.com/photographers/en/nicolas_cazard/#01

I really love the features of the 6000 (and now the 6300) but lens are the biggest investment with a camera setup and having this kind of failure rate and no acknowledgement that it is a defect in the product is just not acceptable. The volume of people having issues should cause this to be a class action lemon law or something. Sony's play dumb and hope people are out of warranty is not what will make for long term company advocates.
Apprentice
Message 19 of 37 (3,165 Views)

Those photos look insane! Thanks for sharing. I completely agree with you. If I don't hear back from Sony today on the complaints number or address I'll go ahead and keep digging for a senior management contact or send a letter straight to the head office. If I don't hear back or don't think the resolution suggested is fair I'll have to contact the ombudsman in the UK. I can't understand how a company as big as Sony can't come to a reasonable conclusion to have this camera fixed here in Hong Kong even if they view it as a gesture of goodwill at this point - every camera shop I go into here is pushing for the a6300 and there was a waiting list to pre-order so I can only imagine others are as disappointed as we are. I'll let you know if I hear back and in the meantime I hope Sony sees sense given they are in breach of their contract to sell goods that are of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.

Message 20 of 37 (3,104 Views)

Hi mitalmig,

I responded to your other post. Please check it. 

https://community.sony.com/t5/Cybershot-Cameras/How-to-get-a-quot-tourist-warranty-quot/m-p/569676/h...

Best regards,

Zander

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook