Welcome to the Community!

Alpha - SLT & DSLR Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 23 (82,012 Views)

connect a5000 to iphone

I try and connect the a5000 to my iphone but it never fully connects. I see it trying and I believe i have followed all the steps but it never stops reading "connecting". what am I missing?

Message 2 of 23 (81,980 Views)

Re: connect a5000 to iphone

Hi freyj44,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

Let me try to help you. First, may I ask if you have already downloaded the Playmemories Mobile app to your iPhone? If so, please follow the steps below.

1. Go to the Playback Menu, then click Send to Smartphone.
  2. Press Select on this Device and choose how many pictures to send. You can choose between This Image, Multiple Images or All in this Folder.
  3. Once you have selected the files, click OK. The camera will then display Connecting.
  4. Go to your smartphone's WiFi Settings and select the Wifi Network of the camera (Direct-xxxxxx).
  5. Once you are connected, exit the Settings and open you PMM app.
  6. Click Copy once it is displayed on the smartphone's screen.
  7. The photos will be saved on your Camera Roll.

Note: Turn off the Mobile Data and automatic connection to any other network on the smartphone to avoid interruptions while connecting the camera.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution". Thanks_Mitch

Rookie
Message 3 of 23 (71,661 Views)

Hi there,

i have just purchased the a5000 and followed the steps it sets out very clearly and like the other user i get to where it says connecting and just stays on that without ever connecting. I have tried it on my ipad and it seems to work after a little wait but my iphone 6 just will not connect to the camera. I have read very bad reviews on the connectivity between apple products and these cameras but am hoping there is a fix to this before i make the sad decision of returning the camera which would be a shame as the camera itself seems very good. 

Any hep would be much appreciated

Thanks

Message 4 of 23 (71,315 Views)

Hi amjw10,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Ypu can try following the steps in this article: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43615/c/65,66/p/36919,37505,68925,94412/

You can also try these steps.

1. Press Menu then go to Wireless and choose Send to Smartphone.
  2. Press Select on this Device and choose how many pictures to send. You can choose between This Image, Multiple Images or All in this Folder.
  3. Once you have selected the files, click OK. The camera will then display Connecting.
  4. Go to your smartphone's WiFi Settings and select the Wifi Network of the camera (Direct-xxxxxx).
    (Do not wait for the camera or phone to connect, it will pair once the PlayMemories Mobile App is opened)
  5. Press Home button and  open you PlayMemories Mobile app.
    (make sure that Mobile Data is set to OFF)

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution".

Best regards,
Zander

Sum Rookie
Rookie
Message 5 of 23 (68,612 Views)

Hi,

I encountered the same time experience as freyj44 as well. I did follow the instruction you stated to connect the camera to my phone through the 'Wireless' - 'Send to smartphone' function. After selecting the wifi to connect in phone, my camera will keep showing 'connecting' even though my phon shows connected. Dos this have something  To do with the apps? Am I not able to connect without the Sony app? By th way, I am using Windows Phone.

thanks.

Message 6 of 23 (68,392 Views)

Hi Sum,

The wireless connection is only compatible with iOS and Android phones. Please click this link for the verified devices. As Zander has enumerated, you'll need to download the PlayMemories Mobile app on your phone to successfully connect both devices and transfer your files. Unfortunately, PlayMemories Mobiles is not compatible with Windows phones.

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution". Thanks_Mitch

Rookie
Message 7 of 23 (67,609 Views)

I have the same problem and this reply hasn't helped.

When I have linked my iPhone to the camera wifi, it just says 'connecting'. When I go into the playmemories app, nothing happens and it hasn't recognised the link.

I've tried to connect the iPad too and that also doesn't work (as when I try to open the app whilst it is 'connecting', the iPad doesn't have any wifi connectivity.

Would be grateful for some help to solve this.
Thanks
Message 8 of 23 (67,458 Views)

Hi Corin, 

Please make sure that the Mobile data in the smartphone is OFF. Then install the latest version of PlayMemories Mobile in the smartphone. Then follow the procedures step by step.

Also please concentrate on #4 as it is one of the most common cases why the send to smartphone is not working. Most of the time, customer wait for the camera or phone to connect but it will NOT connect unless PlayMemories Mobile is ON in the smartphone.

1. Turn the camera on and press Menu then go to Wireless and choose Send to Smartphone.
  2. Choose Select on this Device and choose the pictures you would like to send. 
  4. Check the smartphone's WiFi Settings and select the Wifi Network of the camera (Direct-xxxxxx).
    (Do not wait for the camera or phone to connect, it will pair once the PlayMemories Mobile App is opened)
  5. Press Home button and  open you PlayMemories Mobile app.

For further assistance regarding your concern, We kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution".

Best regards,

Zander

Rookie
Message 9 of 23 (61,325 Views)

Hi..why is there "system error" every time I try to send photos from my camera to my iphone?.. I've been following the instructions you've been posting for others question.. Up to now I cannot transfer a single picture..Smiley Sad
Message 10 of 23 (61,063 Views)

Hi Jd2305,

Could you walk us through on how you're connecting the camera to the iPhone? What is the model of your smartphone? Have you tried uninstalling the PlayMemories Mobile app and downloading it again? Added information about your issue will help us investigate this further and help us provide you with the best solution.

Thanks

Mitch

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook